Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets return to training

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 10:30pm
So what’s the update ? Is he fit ?
Sponsored Links

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 4:57am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

scarletbear ????

Just messing about.
Scarlets before Wales
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 2:02pm
Just watched a Scarlets Facebook interview with Glenn where he said it was exciting that there a few players who were long term injured that are now fit to play. No names mentioned though, but there is nothing wrong with playing your cards close to your chest when long term injured frequently pick up niggles when they return to training and with derbies coming up it's always good to keep the other regions guessing. 
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

[QUOTE=Ffidel Bennett]If Blade's contract is not up, and the player himself doesn't want to retire, then unless the medics state that continuing to play could cause further serious damage to his health, I think all we can do is to wait for his contract to end.
Presumably if we thought he could carry on we wouldn't have signed Kalamafoni, who, unfortunately has also had concussion issues in the past
 I agree - particularly with regard to blade.  He had concussion issues in his first season and in this just gone , he’s really suffered.  I thought he was out of contract this summer. I really fear that he’s finished - I hope I’m wrong but we’ve had no positive update .
He also missed a fair chunk of his last season with the Hurricanes with concussion.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2020 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

[QUOTE=Ffidel Bennett]If Blade's contract is not up, and the player himself doesn't want to retire, then unless the medics state that continuing to play could cause further serious damage to his health, I think all we can do is to wait for his contract to end.
Presumably if we thought he could carry on we wouldn't have signed Kalamafoni, who, unfortunately has also had concussion issues in the past
 I agree - particularly with regard to blade.  He had concussion issues in his first season and in this just gone , he’s really suffered.  I thought he was out of contract this summer. I really fear that he’s finished - I hope I’m wrong but we’ve had no positive update .
He’s not finished
Hope not but it would be nice of the club to give us some titbits about his wellbeing.
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2020 at 1:59pm
Just see picture of Blade Thompson on pro 14 twitter page. Running and doing fitness. Positive news. 

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

Just see picture of Blade Thompson on pro 14 twitter page. Running and doing fitness. Positive news. 

Good to see
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic