Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New signings availibilty .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New signings availibilty .
    Posted: 23 June 2020 at 11:16am

I have just read that new signings will be available for the two remaining league games , that would explain why the European Qualifying positions have been confirmed .

I would imagine that new signings would be unavailable for our Challenge Cup Final in Toulon ??? Anyone got any idea ? Or does Challenge Cup differ from the Champions Cup ruling .

Edited by 157cb - 23 June 2020 at 11:18am
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 11:47am
No news about new signings? Jhonny Williams rumors?
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I have just read that new signings will be available for the two remaining league games , that would explain why the European Qualifying positions have been confirmed .

I would imagine that new signings would be unavailable for our Challenge Cup Final in Toulon ??? Anyone got any idea ? Or does Challenge Cup differ from the Champions Cup ruling .

I presume that you would be able to register new players for players that you’ve lost on a 1-1 basis (Morgan for Parkes etc) as Parkes has now moved on.  I’m sure lots of other teams will find themselves in the same situation, players registered as part of their European squads have moved onto new clubs before the conclusion of the current season.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 12:13pm

from my understanding our new players are eligible for the  for  14 but not for the European games

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 5:31pm
That would be replicated with all the teams left in Europe, so everyone should be in the same position.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 6:09pm
I’d have thought the Europeans will allow the players signed and arrived in this lull during the 2019/20.

However, that’s nothing but an opinion with no basis of inside info, or having read any rules or press releases.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 10:01pm

Does the Challenge Cup have a different ruling to the Champions Cup? with regards the eligibility of players .
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 10:18pm

Does the Challenge Cup have a different ruling to the Champions Cup? with regards the eligibility of players .
No
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 11:03pm
 It certainly did with number of players per squad .
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 8:01am
It would make sense for new squads to be available for all games in my mind. Players who have left like Hadleigh & Corey will not be available so why shouldn't Tyler/Jonny play against Toulon? 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 9:20am
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-8452909/England-centre-Johnny-Williams-makes-Welsh-reunited-coach-Glenn-Delaney-Scarlets.html

Seems done...

The wording is quite ambiguous but it doesnt say where Tomkins is going but does say we are also expected to sign Sione.

Williams will follow Saracens youngster Nick Tompkins, who is set to move across the border after making his Wales debut this year. 

The Scarlets are also expected to sign Leicester No 8 Sione Kalamafoni.

Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 9:53am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-8452909/England-centre-Johnny-Williams-makes-Welsh-reunited-coach-Glenn-Delaney-Scarlets.html

Seems done...

The wording is quite ambiguous but it doesnt say where Tomkins is going but does say we are also expected to sign Sione.

Williams will follow Saracens youngster Nick Tompkins, who is set to move across the border after making his Wales debut this year. 

The Scarlets are also expected to sign Leicester No 8 Sione Kalamafoni.

I was thinking Tompkins close to the Dragons 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 10:18am
If true as it seems we have done some good business with Tyler & Jonny, for me, a step up on Fonotia & Hadleigh given that they are still only 23/24. With Foxy back running, Steff Hughes, Paul Asquith, Osian Knot & Joe Thomas we have a decent pool. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 10:25am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

If true as it seems we have done some good business with Tyler & Jonny, for me, a step up on Fonotia & Hadleigh given that they are still only 23/24. With Foxy back running, Steff Hughes, Paul Asquith, Osian Knot & Joe Thomas we have a decent pool. 

Do not think we are signing Joe Thomas .
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 10:26am
Joe Thomas - is that the player who was at Leicester? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic