Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Vs wru

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets Vs wru
    Posted: 14 June 2020 at 4:30pm
According to the rugby paper , the Scarlets are taking legal action against the Wru due to payments via the prb
Sponsored Links

ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 4:35pm
From the bbc:

Meanwhile, Scarlets have moved to clarify reports in the Rugby Paper they were considering legal action after their bid for extra funding to the PRB and WRU failed following a mediation process.
A Scarlets statement said: "We can confirm the story is out of date and the mediation notice has been withdrawn and will not be taken further.
"We are continuing to work with WRU and PRB on solutions in these unprecedented challenges we face as a result of Covid-19."
Scarlets am Byth
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 4:44pm
With all the division in welsh rugby - stories like this are pointless and also so divisive in a very worrying time.  Perhaps finding solutions to the financial woes would be more productive.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 4:53pm
The problem is we have budgeted for this  extra funding and signed and contracted players on that basis but at the moment the union don’t have the finances  it to give it. Unless we have had this deal signed and sealed and legally it isn’t going to happen. Cardiff saying they have a £ 4 to 6 million shortfall cos of this virus. I’m guessing each region will have a similar loss

Edited by RR1972 - 14 June 2020 at 5:55pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by ewbank2 ewbank2 wrote:

From the bbc:

Meanwhile, Scarlets have moved to clarify reports in the Rugby Paper they were considering legal action after their bid for extra funding to the PRB and WRU failed following a mediation process.
A Scarlets statement said: "We can confirm the story is out of date and the mediation notice has been withdrawn and will not be taken further.
"We are continuing to work with WRU and PRB on solutions in these unprecedented challenges we face as a result of Covid-19."
Somebody on PRB leaked this out. Sneaky
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 7:15pm
I’d guess any leak is more likely to be from the wru side. All the prb sides Are going to get reduced funding not just us. The wru would have better links with the media

Edited by RR1972 - 14 June 2020 at 7:17pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 7:27pm
Yes I put money on it being a WRU leak. I can see a strong push from them for less regions as there is not the money for 4 now and even stronger central control in return for funding now . Regions will go under with no central support. The two super regions debate may be beginning!🤔
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Yes I put money on it being a WRU leak. I can see a strong push from them for less regions as there is not the money for 4 now and even stronger central control in return for funding now . Regions will go under with no central support. The two super regions debate may be beginning!🤔

From the rugby paper the only quotes about it are from a wru source
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 7:45pm
Non story apparently. Out of date statement. The rugby paper completely wrong. 
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 9:14pm
Seems a perfect time to borrow against the Principality Stadium to keep the game going for the next 2-3 years?

The strings attached to the clubs might be an issue.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 10:42pm
Club funding is ring fenced i think. The wru are in a real hole unless they get test games on soon even then in an empty stadium theyll be losing a fortune.  Something is going to give, i think reesey is right a two region set up is on the cards unless we can crowds back into stadiums

Edited by RR1972 - 14 June 2020 at 10:50pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Club funding is ring fenced i think. The wru are in a real hole unless they get test games on soon even then in an empty stadium theyll be losing a fortune.  Something is going to give, i think reesey is right a two region set up is on the cards unless we can crowds back into stadiums
They should remortgage the PS
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 7:04am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

They should remortgage the PS
Absolutely
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 7:52am
I would have thought that the WRU, Cardiff Blues and Scarlets are being compensated by the NHS for allowing them to take over their facilities and transforming them into field hospitals.  Particularly in the case of the WRU where it's been reported that the field hospital at the Principlity Stadium is to stay for an extended period of time in case the virus comes back towards the Autumn. 

I'm not saying the compensation would cover all the takings, but it would surely cover a large part of their projected income.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 9:44am
Apparently the Hospital has closed in the barn due to a leak in the roof
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Apparently the Hospital has closed in the barn due to a leak in the roof
Bring in Ladram for a proper jobWink
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic