Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shane William's Comments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shane William's Comments
    Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:50am
Shane William's Comments on Wales On line rugby, stating how must the Scarlets be feeling now, after the Osprey's take-over on the anniversary of the proposed merger of the Scarlets and Ospreys, also the Scarlets announcement of Hadleigh Parkers departure.
Really Shane, I would be concentrating on the Osprey's position in conference A, rather than what we think, because we have merged.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:55am
Originally posted by steve b steve b wrote:

Shane William's Comments on Wales On line rugby, stating how must the Scarlets be feeling now, after the Osprey's take-over on the anniversary of the proposed merger of the Scarlets and Ospreys, also the Scarlets announcement of Hadleigh Parkers departure.
Really Shane, I would be concentrating on the Osprey's position in conference A, rather than what we think, because we have merged.
say no more.
elmo761 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:01pm
Shame (sic) Williams just wants air time. Crap pundit in a crap media outlet. I try to ignore them both.

On the point of the takeover though, is it something we should be concerned with? Or are there not enough clear details as yet? This’ll be headline news on The Easyern Snail tomorrow. “SCARLETS CONCERNED ABOUT pooEHAWKS TAKEOVER!”
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Elmo761
steve b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:10pm
Exactly !!! Poor show by Shane...so basically the only time the Osprey's can shine is when their bank balance is busting....well so they hope.
As for us being concerned, I doubt any Scarlets supporters would swap positions with the Ospreys at present, how many take overs have been, where it's all gone pear shaped.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:24pm
I've no issue with him being partisan, most of us are too.

However we aren't trying to carve out a career in the media...Execs at BBC/S4C' toes will be curling up nicely on reading those comments I'd imagine.

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

However we aren't trying to carve out a career in the media...Execs at BBC/S4C' toes will be curling up nicely on reading those comments I'd imagine.

Well saidLOL.....Leighton James springs to mind.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:44pm
Yeah he’s a boring pundit and commentator but I find most of the ex-players to add no real impetus. I’d be concerned for them, its a unknown investor taking over the ospreys with no known experience running a rugby club. Give it three seasons before they realise what a serious mess they are in and look to sell on. 
However for there sakes I hope they get their own ground, thats the only way i see them growing. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 12:48pm

Clickbait by a very poor rugby pundit .
steve b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 1:57pm
I wonder where they stand with protecting the money going into the region via the Pro 14 from CVC Investment. A new controlling company and their hands on the money, could go bad very quickly. Does anyone know how well this sport media company are doing.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 2:26pm
I seriously hope not as we need good strong opposition but if it was our region I would be seriously worried. Yes one of the people involved has connections with the area but it seems he is not the money behind the deal. 
The money men behind it do not appear to have any connection to the region and it isn't unclear on how they will benefit from the deal. They are businessmen and will want some return can't see at moment where that return will come from. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 2:46pm
Who are the funding directors at the Scarlets ? Short ,Griffith's is the spec savers owner on the board
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:14pm
Don’t reAlly see the problem. Loads of our ex players who are pundits are massively pro scarlets. Shane just strring it up 😂👍
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:53pm
Not sure he’s said anything really...

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Don’t reAlly see the problem. Loads of our ex players who are pundits are massively pro scarlets. Shane just strring it up 😂👍

Yeah. No big deal for me.
Scarlets before Wales
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

However we aren't trying to carve out a career in the media...Execs at BBC/S4C' toes will be curling up nicely on reading those comments I'd imagine.

Well saidLOL.....Leighton James springs to mind.

Eddie Butler may sound boring to some but at least he’s got a bit of grey matter in  his grey head 😂 You have to sound impartial 

Edited by reesytheexile - 24 May 2020 at 5:33pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Like who?

They might be ex Scarlets, but the likes Scotty Q are smart enough to be impartial.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic