Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Croeso Tyler Morgan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:24am
I agree with some on here I would have kept Jon Evans. I hope he gets a deal somewhere. All the regions are stocked at 9 at the moment so he may end up in England. 
eds
Sponsored Links

BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 2:09pm
I hope Tyler gets a injury free season , it's only 2 years ago that he found out about his diabetes.
He's a quick big centre (102kg) , hopefully the lad from Newcastle comes down as well.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

I hope Tyler gets a injury free season , it's only 2 years ago that he found out about his diabetes.
He's a quick big centre (102kg) , hopefully the lad from Newcastle comes down as well.

Steff Hughes had a similar run of injuries but thankfully came through that bad spell to excel. Fingers crossed he has good game times when we start back. I still fear about Foxy and his fitness so Tyler as another 13 is a very important signing 
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 2:51pm
Re foxy. We’re all still worrying about foxy - though willchips posted that he’d heard that he’s fine. The sooner we get jonnie Williams the better.  I’d like to get joe Thomas as well. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:15pm
Mustn't forget that Patch could easy do job as inside centre believe Costello has played there as well though I might be wrong. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Mustn't forget that Patch could easy do job as inside centre believe Costello has played there as well though I might be wrong. 
lets hope it doesnt come to Patch having to fill in at 12. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:20am
As Wil pointed out in an earlier post the 12 channel is high in traffic and puts a lot of physical pressure on the defender. Neither Costelow nor Patchell are, in my opinion, cut out physically for that position. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:32am
lets not muck about with either patch or costellow, both are 10's keep them there. we need to bring in a 12 who is a bit physical to plug up that channel or at least a good defender. and I am sure we will hear something soon
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:15pm
I always used to see 12 as the 2nd playmaker e.g. a Nigel Davies type player, but the modern power game means you need more of a Scott Gibbs type player there these days.

Having said that, Henson in his pomp did a pretty good job there didn't he.

Edited by totallybiasedscarlet - 22 May 2020 at 1:16pm
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

I always used to see 12 as the 2nd playmaker e.g. a Nigel Davies type player, but the modern power game means you need more of a Scott Gibbs type player there these days.

Having said that, Henson in his pomp did a pretty good job there didn't he.

Henson was a superb 12 at his best 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:41pm
Tyler has played most of his rugby at 13.
It's plausible (to me anyway) that he's being assessed as a mid term replacement for the Fox.

If the talk about Jonny Williams ( John Bleddyn Rhys Williams...love that) joining us comes to fruition, and although he's missed a lot of rugby in recent months, his size/bulk/pedigree shouts 12 at me.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

lets not muck about with either patch or costellow, both are 10's keep them there. we need to bring in a 12 who is a bit physical to plug up that channel or at least a good defender. and I am sure we will hear something soon

Aye. This.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 4:49pm
John bleddyn Rhys Williams.  Imagine IF he was a centre in the mould of bleddyn williams and the toughness of JPR.  My word that would be amazing- but let’s not run before we can walk.  Sign him up and let nature take its course 
daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 11:21pm
Does anyone know if Johnny Williams actually regards himself as Welsh?

I ask that question because 
1)  he's played all his rugby in the England age grade system.
2)  played for England before his cancer diagnosis, not capped  but still put the white red rose jersey on.
3)  gained promotion to Gallagher Premiership with Newcastle Falcons.
4)  is he out of contract?
I hope he joins us but I wont get too excited until I see who the Falcons are releasing from their squad. 
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic