Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to Ben Franks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:59pm
Fantastic appointment. Shame we can’t get a few games out him to!👍
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:47am
I think when Delaney was london irish coach they signed him as a player. I ended up going to the Rfu championship final when Ben Franks got sent off for fighting one of the yorkshire players (who was also sent off) he’ll bring some fire to our front row thats for sure. It ended up one of the most bizarre games of rugby i have ever seen, in an even weirder two leg final format. Final score was 55-48 with 10 or 11 tries being scored and two red cards.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:35am
It's a bit natural for us to seek a down side on any move at times.

I just can't see one. Forget the job title for a minute, players love seeing guys with the proven track record at the highest level in amongst the coaching group. It's not always the case that they turn out to be good coaches of course, but there's a positive impact from just socializing with guys who have been there and done it.

I'm just wondering how Wyn and Rob Evs are looking at a bit of 1 on 1 with Franks, even at 36 :).
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 7:12am
Maybe Owen fancies joining him, only 32 still and the sort of tight head would be a fantastic addition 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:30am
An absolute top quality professional which, as someone has already pointed out, will concentrate the minds of our younger guys on what it takes to reach your potential. Delaney continues to show where he thinks we can make big improvements - Kelly lineout operation & pack unity, Franks scrummaging, Kalemafoni heavy duty carrying. Time is coming I think when Sebastian & Elias may make very strong cases for being first choice. 
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:34am
Great addition. 2 World Cup wins under his belt. Loads of experience. A great addition I'm sure.

Who'll be defence coach?
eds
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 11:13am
Barclay? 
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 11:31am
I’ve brought up Barclay previously as a suggestion for a coach. Personally I think he’d be brilliant. The downside is that he hasn’t been coaching previously but he knows the scarlets players well and us highly regarded and respected. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:27pm
I would think John is very much in the Stephen Jones mould, very studious and would make a very good coach
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 12:35pm
Sadly Edinburgh didn’t go well for him at all.  He only played 14 matches. There’s clearly animosity between Glasgow and him.  He left us under excellent terms - so fingers crossed 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:02pm
I dont know if John would want to uproot his young family again in such a short space of time. But would welcome him back with open arms.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:20pm
The playing career he had provides me with a lot of optimism. Of course the challenge will be how effectively he can put his points across, but it's an exciting addition for sure.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:07am
When I read this I was delighted....winners inspire......great news 
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic