Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coaches and players leaving

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:51pm
Johnny williams I think will be seen a lot at 12. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

And who can blame him for that, all I can say is thanks for the effort you put in over the past 6 seasons and enjoy your next adventure in Japan. 
You go with my blessing and the blessing of most of the Scarlets fans who appreciate the consistency in performance that you put in during your time with us, not to say your performances for Wales, including the try against Ireland that won us the grand slam.

Not forgetting the try saving tackle in the same game!!

Let's be honest, not may of us knew who HP was when he rocked up here. None of us could have even imagined how well he would play for us including very rarely being injured. Fair play to the lad, I wish him & his family nothing but the best!

I too was pretty underwhelmed when I read about his arrival but he proved solid from the start and got better and better. Last season and RWC took a hell of a toll on him physically and I don't think he fancied any more of that at 32. Hopefully a couple of years at a lower level in Japan to see his time out. He's been a great signing for us and leaves with my thanks.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:29am
Good summary that. Being perpetually exposed at 12 for club and country whenever available is testament to the man's endurance. Never took a step backwards.
It's a very physical channel to patrol, perhaps the most physically demanding after an open side.

Can't have enough cover for both in any squad these days tbh. Something we will hopefully recognize next term. (Nick Cudd would be a great option as squad cover..pure 7).
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:36am
To add I believe Gardiner has signed a deal at the Ospreys.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Good summary that. Being perpetually exposed at 12 for club and country whenever available is testament to the man's endurance. Never took a step backwards.
It's a very physical channel to patrol, perhaps the most physically demanding after an open side.

Can't have enough cover for both in any squad these days tbh. Something we will hopefully recognize next term. (Nick Cudd would be a great option as squad cover..pure 7).

Wil. I too was a fan of Nick Cudd but cover at 7 is one of the least necessary positions where cover is needed. At the moment we have Cubby, Dan Davis, Josh MacLeod and Jac Morgan all class players or exceptionally promising. Open side flanker is a position where the region rarely has difficulty nurturing players of outstanding ability, if not massive physical presence. We have had more problems at second row or number 8 although I'm optimistic that recent signings from outside will improve matters. Again at 6 we have an abundance and I'm actually surprised that we retained Tom Phillips and Blade, both of whom have played so little through injury that it would surprise me to see their names on a team sheet, whenever the next one appears.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Wil. I too was a fan of Nick Cudd but cover at 7 is one of the least necessary positions where cover is needed. At the moment we have Cubby, Dan Davis, Josh MacLeod and Jac Morgan all class players or exceptionally promising. Open side flanker is a position where the region rarely has difficulty nurturing players of outstanding ability, if not massive physical presence. We have had more problems at second row or number 8 although I'm optimistic that recent signings from outside will improve matters. Again at 6 we have an abundance and I'm actually surprised that we retained Tom Phillips and Blade, both of whom have played so little through injury that it would surprise me to see their names on a team sheet, whenever the next one appears.

Re blade , I thought that he was out of contract but i believe that scarletnut states that he was still under contract.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes - as the last I heard, he was still suffering with concussion. I hope that he’s fine . On his day he was excellent 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Fair point, albeit both Cubby and Dan missed most of last season, Cubby had a hip procedure in early March.
Macleod is probably more of an 8 than a 7 too.
I'm probably a little too cautious, and my view is colored in a bit as I also know Nick's credentials (and vast experience) as a 7.

6 and 8 I'm more relaxed about, Tom Phillips could be a breakthrough player this term, or at least I hope he is!.

Edited by Wil Chips - 18 May 2020 at 3:59pm
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:14pm
We should never have left Cudd go in the first place. He was a better openside than Pugh and Edwards imo. I'm glad he's done well with the Dragons.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 4:43pm
Scarlets confirmed as a team who believe in young coaches, this is very good, accepting of course the risk of possible errors caused of unexperience...
Franks is a big name for all the boys, fresh from the field and with a great baggage..Kelly confirmed he has a coaching talent and step up with Scarlets is a natural move.
I think Mooar this year worked specially with attack and I m so curious to see Whiffin in this role. Good that Delaney continuing his job with defence...
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:06pm
Thought there was a defence coach still to come? 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Thought there was a defence coach still to come? 

I would imagine Glenn will carry on as a defence coach ?
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 5:37pm
Get John Barclay down to learn off Glenn 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:10pm
Not sure you can do both head coach and defence
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 6:27pm
Glenn Delaney and the other coaches will take care of defence.
Coaching team complete 

Glenn Delaney
Richard Whiffin
Dai Flanagan
Richard Kelly
Ben Franks
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:10am
Always hate to see departures from the Scarlet fold.....I thank everyone for putting the effort in for our great club.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 8:40am

With regards Nic Cudd despite him been outstanding  for Llanelli RFC week in week out, Easterby would not select him, and would rather select teams without an openside. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic