Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coaches and players leaving

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coaches and players leaving
    Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:32pm
Sponsored Links

Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Feverpitch Feverpitch wrote:

https://www.scarlets.wales/article/scarlets-confirm-summer-departures/
Who’s replacing Ioam Cunningham?
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:35pm
I for one am gutted to see Jon Evans leave. He's been brilliant for us, I would have wanted to keep him.
Also I would have wanted to keep Simon Gardiner and Rhys Fawcett, Gardiner is a useful 3r/4th choice and Fawcett has never been given a proper chance. When I have seem him play he's shown up well, he can do with more development but I always thought he'd come good.
eds
AB2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by Feverpitch Feverpitch wrote:

https://www.scarlets.wales/article/scarlets-confirm-summer-departures/
Who’s replacing Ioam Cunningham?

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't one of Rich Kelly or Emyr Phillips.

gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:41pm
I can see Richard Kelly coming in as forwards coach. We need a defence coach also
eds
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:46pm
Ryan Lamb was announced as another who left us last month after his short contract.
eds
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:18pm
Some important news, gutted for Evans and Cunningham. On Parkes I had understand his will...so many good luck to all...we can say our ciclo is definitely closed and now expect other news in this doubtifull general scenario 
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 5:29pm
Ioan Cunningham has done a good job. Perhaps it’s time for the pack to hear a new voice though after several years under him. Hopefully he’ll continue to develop as a coach elsewhere and might return to us one day with new ideas and a fresh approach. 

It’s a real shame that we’ve only had Mooar for one aborted season. I’m sure there was a lot more the group could’ve learned from him if things had turned out differently. 

I’m sad to see Parkes go as he’s been a big player for us for a number of years. This is the right move for him though, and at 32 we’ve probably had all his best years. Hopefully we’ll be able to give him the ovation he deserves at a match some time in the future. 

Letting Fonotia go is probably the right decision. He’s given his all every time he wore the jersey, but injuries have severely hampered him. Given his age, injury record, and NWQ status we need to bring someone in who’ll be better value for money. 

Jon Evans has been a very solid 3rd choice 9 so I’m a bit surprised to see us let him go. Have we got an academy youngster who’ll be ready to step up and take his squad place next season? 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 6:26pm
Add me to the list sad to see Jon Evans leave.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 7:46pm
Me too, I believe that he is the most complete scrum half we have in the squad.
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:02pm
Here, here. Always rated Johnny Evs. Big thanks to Hadleigh been a hell of a servant to the Scarlets. No complaints right move for him at his age. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:29pm
Yes, Hadleigh has given his all for the Scarlets and more recently for Wales, he deserves his big money move, whilst he his stiles physically up to it.  
Thank you Hadleigh and good luck in the next adventure.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Add me to the list sad to see Jon Evans leave.

I was surprised. Jon seemed to be injured at wrong times as well which set him back, but he was a well rounded player -great shame for Jonny
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 8:44pm
Gutted to see Ioan go pob lwc. Hadleigh has been outstanding for us and Good luck as it is only a short career so have to get the money while it is there.

Jonny Evans as never let us down but has been unlucky with injuries which have hampered him.

Best wishes to all departures and thank you for your efforts for the Scarlets.
west is best.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:19pm
Add me as another in the Jonny Evs fan club!!

Quality players and staff leaving which leaves a void which must be filled.

Some good news on re-signings and/or new signing would be most welcome to soften the blow of losing these players and staff.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 9:55pm
Jon has been an amazing player can’t fault him but you can’t moan at Cawdor, Kiz And Dane. 

Good luck to everyone else all good servants. So sad we are losing Brad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic