Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Approx 1 yr ago!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Approx 1 yr ago!
    Posted: 08 May 2020 at 7:31pm
I am sure this time last year all regions were eager to sell their Early Bird ST for the next season.

Well under present circumstances this has not happened this year for next Season.

All Regions/clubs must be struggling with regards meeting income demand.

Does anyone know if a lot of the players have been furloughed?

I would assume that has been the case with all the background staff.

I do wonder if we will have a season to look forward to next yr!!!!

Comments please
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 11:03am
As far as I am aware all Scarlets staff have been furloughed, except certain H&S ones, such as maintenance, but these could be shared with the Health Authority, or even temporary transferred to them. 
Truthfully I don't think anyone knows all the details, the furloughed process is quite stringent and one is unable to work for the employer in any capacity, they can go to work for anyone else though, a player can work for Tesco, but not a groundsman in PYS.

I have my feelings which have been expressed on other posts, but I doubt very much if we will have rugby in PYS for 2020, and if it is it will be behind close doors.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 11:15am
I wonder what will happen with regards to this year's season tickets if the current season isn't completed? Will part refunds be offered? I would think that the majority of fans wouldn't accept a refund under the circumstances, especially seeing as we're all aware of the financial strain that the Covid situation will be putting the Scarlets and all other teams under as it is. However is there still a legal obligation to offer refunds? And is there a moral obligation to do so too, for those who would wish to receive it?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 11:58am
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

I wonder what will happen with regards to this year's season tickets if the current season isn't completed? Will part refunds be offered? I would think that the majority of fans wouldn't accept a refund under the circumstances, especially seeing as we're all aware of the financial strain that the Covid situation will be putting the Scarlets and all other teams under as it is. However is there still a legal obligation to offer refunds? And is there a moral obligation to do so too, for those who would wish to receive it?

There would certainly be a moral obligation to offer refunds. Personally I am in an ok financial situation so would forego any refund to help but many of my fellow season ticket holders may well have been more adversely affected by this pandemic and may make completely different understandable decisions. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

As far as I am aware all Scarlets staff have been furloughed, except certain H&S ones, such as maintenance, but these could be shared with the Health Authority, or even temporary transferred to them. 
Truthfully I don't think anyone knows all the details, the furloughed process is quite stringent and one is unable to work for the employer in any capacity, they can go to work for anyone else though, a player can work for Tesco, but not a groundsman in PYS.

I have my feelings which have been expressed on other posts, but I doubt very much if we will have rugby in PYS for 2020, and if it is it will be behind close doors.

Not wishing to sound in any way mercenary but with the facilities at PYS being used by the NHS I would imagine that some sort of fees are being paid. Certainly the Nightingale in London is costing the NHS serious money being paid to its Arab owners. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 12:21pm
GPR, not being mercenary at all, it is a key facility for the NHS, and I believe a fee was agreed in the first instance. The same applies to the WRU, Carmarthenshire County Council. & Llanelli Town Council.

As long as the fee is fair and no one is taking the NHS on a ride than all ok.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 1:44pm
With regards to working for another employer, I’m sure that can only be done if it doesn’t break the Ts & Cs of your existing contract. So the hours you work for a new employer can’t overlap that of your existing employer. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

With regards to working for another employer, I’m sure that can only be done if it doesn’t break the Ts & Cs of your existing contract. So the hours you work for a new employer can’t overlap that of your existing employer. 
if your on your on furlow you cant work for your existing employer can you? Not even sure you should be accessing work emails lap tops etc
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

GPR, not being mercenary at all, it is a key facility for the NHS, and I believe a fee was agreed in the first instance. The same applies to the WRU, Carmarthenshire County Council. & Llanelli Town Council.

As long as the fee is fair and no one is taking the NHS on a ride than all ok.

Not disputing this, but why do you believe that?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 3:28pm
Wasp, by my source simple as. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

if your on your on furlow you cant work for your existing employer can you? Not even sure you should be accessing work emails lap tops etc

Correct, I think only directors can do some work. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic