Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 305>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Ian Hislop on HIGNFY took Cummings to the cleaners, don't think I've seen him so angry. I know people now view this as old news but it is still someone high up in the workings of our government (arguably the top) involved in our nation's response to this who has demonstrated to be a proven liar with utter contempt for the public.
what's your thoughts are n labour mp Barry Gardner ? Another labour mp ignoring the rules

And your view on this?

its wrong but 6 people in  garden is not 10.000 in a park? Are you really trying to compare the two?
Sponsored Links

BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 12:50am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

[QUOTE=dr_martinov] Ian Hislop on HIGNFY took Cummings to the cleaners, don't think I've seen him so angry. I know people now view this as old news but it is still someone high up in the workings of our government (arguably the top) involved in our nation's response to this who has demonstrated to be a proven liar with utter contempt for the public.
what's your thoughts are n labour mp Barry Gardner ? Another labour mp ignoring the rules

And your view on this?

its wrong but 6 people in  garden is not 10.000 in a park? Are you really trying to compare the two?[/QUOTE
Lefties always deflect no answers how many labour MPs 4/5 now , labour mayor wanting Boris to die ?
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 1:29am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Anyone know if the Scarlets are going to get non surgical face masks produced for sale to the public.  There should be a huge demand from supporters.  I'm willing to bet we'll soon see Osprey masks around Parc Trostre. 🤔

Ospreys have already produced non surgical masks as its on their website and they intend distributing to their area! Ouch
"YMA O HYD"
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 6:20am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Anyone know if the Scarlets are going to get non surgical face masks produced for sale to the public.  There should be a huge demand from supporters.  I'm willing to bet we'll soon see Osprey masks around Parc Trostre. 🤔

I suggested this at the start of lockdown.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 8:49am

[QUOTE=dr_martinov] Ian Hislop on HIGNFY took Cummings to the cleaners, don't think I've seen him so angry. I know people now view this as old news but it is still someone high up in the workings of our government (arguably the top) involved in our nation's response to this who has demonstrated to be a proven liar with utter contempt for the public.

And your view on this?

its wrong but 6 people in  garden is not 10.000 in a park? Are you really trying to compare the two?[/QUOTE
Lefties always deflect no answers how many labour MPs 4/5 now , labour mayor wanting Boris to die ?

Why do you assume I'm a leftie? 

Reading your post, those on the right deflect as well it seems. 

It was wrong of the Labour MP to join the protest.

Over to you. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 8:52am

Ian Hislop on HIGNFY took Cummings to the cleaners, don't think I've seen him so angry. I know people now view this as old news but it is still someone high up in the workings of our government (arguably the top) involved in our nation's response to this who has demonstrated to be a proven liar with utter contempt for the public.

And your view on this?

its wrong but 6 people in  garden is not 10.000 in a park? Are you really trying to compare the two?

Yes I am comparing. Your argument follows a slippery slope. 

Put simply, they both, together with the former Brexit Party MEP, Richard Tice, broke the lock down rules. They were all wrong to break the rules. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 9:01am
You have to ask at the moment - what rules? 100's of people if not 1000's on beaches last week, people travelling from London to Dorset on day trips, 1000's of people attending protest marches. If we don't get a serious spike in cases over the next few weeks then they may as well cut all restrictions because I don't see any difference in protest crowds and a crowded PYS for a game. 

If new cases and deaths continue to drop until the end of June it is going to be well nigh impossible for any politician to demand people follow restrictions.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 9:17am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

You have to ask at the moment - what rules? 100's of people if not 1000's on beaches last week, people travelling from London to Dorset on day trips, 1000's of people attending protest marches. If we don't get a serious spike in cases over the next few weeks then they may as well cut all restrictions because I don't see any difference in protest crowds and a crowded PYS for a game. 

If new cases and deaths continue to drop until the end of June it is going to be well nigh impossible for any politician to demand people follow restrictions.

I agree that we are now getting to that point. I do however expect my law makers to set an example if they are asking the rest of us to follow. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 9:29am

And your view on this?

Yes I am comparing. Your argument follows a slippery slope. 

Put simply, they both, together with the former Brexit Party MEP, Richard Tice, broke the lock down rules. They were all wrong to break the rules. 
6 people in a garden is far less likely to cause a second spike than 10.000 people crAmmed into a street. If you can’t the difference then i’m very surprised.  Put sinply  They all broke lock dowm rules so you should either condemn them all or don’t condemn any of them. It’s not a slippery slope but common sense to point out thousands of people in 1 place is more likely to lead to a second wave than 6 people in 1 place. Imo they all broke the rules and they all should be punished. The govt should either ban any more large scale public protests or lift all restrictions on public gatherings, 

Edited by RR1972 - 07 June 2020 at 9:33am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 9:33am
6 people in a garden can all practice social distancing effectively. 10,000 in a street certainly cannot - there is a difference regardless of political persuasion. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 9:35am

6 people in a garden can all practice social distancing effectively. 10,000 in a street certainly cannot - there is a difference regardless of political persuasion. 
exactly people can’t just getting offended by people whose political views they disagree with breaking lockdown but ignoring breaches by those whose politics they agree with. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 10:14am

And your view on this?

I'm a leftie I think but not party-aligned. If so that Labour MP's wrong as well and should apologise. 

The reason I disliked the Cummings affair more than the above is because he is involved in making policy directly - so it is pure hypocrisy - and then more importantly lied to the whole nation while the PM, Gove and Hancock protected them with more lies. THAT is the difference and those subsequent lies are why he should resign. Johnson is also a proven liar and why people accept this in this country I've no idea.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 10:55am

And your view on this?

I'm a leftie I think but not party-aligned. If so that Labour MP's wrong as well and should apologise. 

The reason I disliked the Cummings affair more than the above is because he is involved in making policy directly - so it is pure hypocrisy - and then more importantly lied to the whole nation while the PM, Gove and Hancock protected them with more lies. THAT is the difference and those subsequent lies are why he should resign. Johnson is also a proven liar and why people accept this in this country I've no idea.
purely because labour elected the most unpopular leader ever and had a frankly idiotic position on brexit neither for or against, bojo won by default tbh
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 12:36pm
I am afraid Dr M that politics and politicians are at their lowest ever level as far as leadership & morality are concerned. Elections now seem to be won by the least worst candidate which is absolutely no compensation for those of us like you, RR1972 & myself who want our politicians to be people we respect and trust to do the right thing. 

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 2:13pm

I am afraid Dr M that politics and politicians are at their lowest ever level as far as leadership & morality are concerned. Elections now seem to be won by the least worst candidate which is absolutely no compensation for those of us like you, RR1972 & myself who want our politicians to be people we respect and trust to do the right thing. 

Yes. I have my views but genuinely accept others think differently and can deal with that (a bit). But it's the lack of trust I struggle with and the assumption they are acting in the best interests of themselves, their party and often rich backers rather than the interests of the country and its citizens. I have deep misgivings about just who is running this country and for what purpose.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 2:43pm
The current uk govt  are inept at best. That’s all ill say

Edited by RR1972 - 07 June 2020 at 2:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 305>
  Share Topic