Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 305>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

trident is a difficult one , no nation with a nuke will ever be invaded but no one is likely to invade us anyway ditch that put that into  conventional forces   the nhs and care budget it's  a game changer

a pal of mine is a nurse in the royal Glamorgan they are using paper masks, some nurses have no masks

like sending an army to war with no guns, disgraceful

all our  drs and nurses deserve a medal for this

As for the WA idea is fine in principle, it is just staffed and run by second raters who cannot run an economy , who in that set up has ever been a successful business man or held any position of power outside of politics? jobs for the boys and girls lot if I ever saw it

the calibre of wa cabinet members is not of sufficient quality to secure wales future until that changes I won't be in favour of any extra powers for the likes of drakeford

It's also incredibly Cardiff centric to the detriment of the rest of wales

I was hoping to put aside this argument for the moment - but, really?

Can't you see that your comment applies - exactly - to the members of the cabinet in London?

My point is not that the WAG is all that great - it is that they are definitely no worse than Boris Johnson, Raab, and all the other clowns in Westminster. And at least I do think that Drakeford is not corrupt, like Johnson. Why delay the shut-down for a fortnight? It wasn't to let his friends in the city offload their share portfolios, and take up short positions (betting against the stock market) surely? Or, was it?

I suppose people like Rees-Mogg - who moved a substantial part of his business to Dublin when Brexit was voted for - can be counted as some sort of 'successful' businessman - but successful at filling his own pockets, not successful at acting in the best interests of UKplc.

I stand by comment the wa members look and act  like a bunch of councillors to me . I have zero faith in them, I don;t have much faith in Westminster either but as a rule there are more capeable mps there imo

Drakeford is not corrupt just inept and out of his depth ,  who else we got there Hamilton and that tory oaf davies LOLLOL

Edited by RR1972 - 03 April 2020 at 12:53pm
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 12:53pm

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Lets face it comparing how Iceland reacted to how most other countries reacted is pretty futile with the population differences. Also I find suggestions that somehow politicians are to blame for lack of equipment to be a little over the top. 

Of course when the dust settles on this crisis there will be huge lessons to be taken from results achieved by individual countries. However to suggest that Boris is guilty of not forecasting a pandemic situation by stockpiling 30,000 ventilators seems a little bizarre to me. Now the lack of ppe for frontline staff is the one area which will need investigating very thoroughly as that is the one area which should have been covered as whatever crisis management/forecasting models were used ppe for frontline medical staff would always have been required whatever the crisis. 
gareth,they knew it was coming in January and they did not prepare properly,they were letting people waltz off planes from Italy when it had taken hold there with no checks at airports which was negligent at least.

A friend's daughter flew back to Heathrow from Mexico last week.

Was she checked at the airport - for a fever, at least?

No.

worrying stuff, we were too lax from day one, should have banned all Chinese imports and anyone from there or who had been there

Well, I think Italy has been far more of a problem for the UK.

The lack of testing and quarantining any possible cases at the borders has been a massive issue - but even after we could see clearly how things were going in other countries, the government sat on their hands for far too long.

I used to teach, and can tell you that bugs spread between kids like lightning - those kids have parents, and grandparents. I was shocked that they weren't closed down at least a fortnight earlier then they were.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 12:54pm

trident is a difficult one , no nation with a nuke will ever be invaded but no one is likely to invade us anyway ditch that put that into  conventional forces   the nhs and care budget it's  a game changer

a pal of mine is a nurse in the royal Glamorgan they are using paper masks, some nurses have no masks

like sending an army to war with no guns, disgraceful

all our  drs and nurses deserve a medal for this

As for the WA idea is fine in principle, it is just staffed and run by second raters who cannot run an economy , who in that set up has ever been a successful business man or held any position of power outside of politics? jobs for the boys and girls lot if I ever saw it

the calibre of wa cabinet members is not of sufficient quality to secure wales future until that changes I won't be in favour of any extra powers for the likes of drakeford

It's also incredibly Cardiff centric to the detriment of the rest of wales

I was hoping to put aside this argument for the moment - but, really?

Can't you see that your comment applies - exactly - to the members of the cabinet in London?

My point is not that the WAG is all that great - it is that they are definitely no worse than Boris Johnson, Raab, and all the other clowns in Westminster. And at least I do think that Drakeford is not corrupt, like Johnson. Why delay the shut-down for a fortnight? It wasn't to let his friends in the city offload their share portfolios, and take up short positions (betting against the stock market) surely? Or, was it?

I suppose people like Rees-Mogg - who moved a substantial part of his business to Dublin when Brexit was voted for - can be counted as some sort of 'successful' businessman - but successful at filling his own pockets, not successful at acting in the best interests of UKplc.

I stand by comment the wa members look and act  like a bunch of councillors to me . I have zero faith in them, I don;t have much faith in Westminster either but as a rule there are more capeable mps there imo

Drakeford is not corrupt just inept and out of his depth

And Johnson and other members of his cabinet are incompetent AND corrupt!

Spot the difference?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 12:58pm
your aware I think bojo is useless and I  didn;t vote tory aren't you?

Anyhow proably best we agree to disagree on this topic we don't want to derail the thread

Edited by RR1972 - 03 April 2020 at 1:02pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 1:15pm
Surely now is not the time for political points scoring? Lets be totally honest if Boris & his cabinet are clowns as some on here think what does that make all other UK parties/leaders? Or are you suggesting that the British electorate are clowns as well? I'd be very careful in making that judgement as it didn't serve Labour or the Lib Dems very well at the last election. 

The UK response to this pandemic has been led by medical experts & not Government officials. If that is proven to be wrong then the politicians will suffer the consequences. As far as the debate about the merits of Westminster & Cardiff I am with RR1972 on that one. Any political group which allows Hamilton to serve cannot be taken seriously in my opinion. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 1:23pm

Surely now is not the time for political points scoring? Lets be totally honest if Boris & his cabinet are clowns as some on here think what does that make all other UK parties/leaders? Or are you suggesting that the British electorate are clowns as well? I'd be very careful in making that judgement as it didn't serve Labour or the Lib Dems very well at the last election. 

The UK response to this pandemic has been led by medical experts & not Government officials. If that is proven to be wrong then the politicians will suffer the consequences. As far as the debate about the merits of Westminster & Cardiff I am with RR1972 on that one. Any political group which allows Hamilton to serve cannot be taken seriously in my opinion. 
that's no way to speak about a former neighbour of ours gareth LOL
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

that's no way to speak about a former neighbour of ours gareth LOL

I Nigel - Florence Road wasn't it? 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 2:21pm
I notice on twitter none of the politicians will take direct private messages? why?
I also notice the ceo of hywell dda has himself tested positive but now is back to work after isolation.
https://twitter.com/HywelDdaHB Again it begs the question how did he get tested?  when you hear umpteen other stories of members of the public ringing 999 and being redirected too 111 then being told to stay him. In some of these cases people have then died at home.

Edited by roy munster - 03 April 2020 at 2:23pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 3:08pm

Anyhow proably best we agree to disagree on this topic we don't want to derail the thread

In the old days between gentlemen this would be decided by a glass of claret followed by pistols at dawn !!😉
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

In the old days between gentlemen this would be decided by a glass of claret followed by pistols at dawn !!😉

ha gauntlet's thrown :)

I'd fancy myself with them old flintlocks, I reckon I'd battered with the old rapier stuff thoughLOL
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 3:40pm

Fair enough... we can come back to it in 6 months or whenever, if we get through it.

All the best!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 3:43pm

This is a false argument.

The electorate can only choose between the candidates on offer.

If they are all clowns, then it's 'this clown' or 'that clown'. The electors are not the clowns in this scenario.

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 3:48pm
How many of you have seen, or are aware of, the truly disgraceful and disrespectful attitude of Matt Hancock towards the nurses in an interview yesterday evening? Even normally supportive papers are shocked by this:

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 4:06pm
Theres some doctors speculating if this pandemic is connected to radiation from the mass spread of the 5g network across the western world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=zFN5LUaqxOA&feature=emb_logo
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 4:34pm

How many of you have seen, or are aware of, the truly disgraceful and disrespectful attitude of Matt Hancock towards the nurses in an interview yesterday evening? Even normally supportive papers are shocked by this:

Has he clarified this later by saying how many nurses have died? If so, I have sympathy for him as he probably needs to remember tens of different stats and facts before going on the problem and probably forgot that particular statistic at the time. If not, it does seem incredibly disrespectful to all the nurses doing a wonderful job by not counting how many have sadly lost their lives protecting us.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Theres some doctors speculating if this pandemic is connected to radiation from the mass spread of the 5g network across the western world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=zFN5LUaqxOA&feature=emb_logo

Right, the well-established link between radiowaves and the spread of viruses. Sigh. Unhappy 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 305>
  Share Topic