Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Injury updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Im almost sorry I started this thread. Incredible over thinking by several writers. All we need to know is - Player X out for 4 weeks - knee injury. I'm quite sure there is nothing in GDPR, contractual obligations or anything else that says that can't be published.

I sympathise.

Some of the major French clubs include an 'Infirmary' section on their websites, which includes ridiculously detailed information about the injuries their players have, along with estimates of when they will be fit to return to play, for example Clermont (which seems almost a model of how a professional rugby club should present itself):

I see no reason why such info should not be published 'over here' with the players' consent. It would put a stop to futile and pointless speculation.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 1:28pm
Was it Connor Murray who stopped details of his injury getting out, for fear that it could stop clubs looking at him in the future?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Was it Connor Murray who stopped details of his injury getting out, for fear that it could stop clubs looking at him in the future?
You can't sign for a club without a medical exam!!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 5:57pm
I am surprised Hadleigh is considered fit to play
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Heaslip too. I can see that becoming more common in future. 
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2019 at 6:45pm

Im almost sorry I started this thread. Incredible over thinking by several writers. All we need to know is - Player X out for 4 weeks - knee injury. I'm quite sure there is nothing in GDPR, contractual obligations or anything else that says that can't be published.
Taylor Davies out for 6-8 weeks knee injury. No surgery, just rehab. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2019 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Taylor Davies out for 6-8 weeks knee injury. No surgery, just rehab. 

That's good news if it proves to be the right decision... let's just hope in 8 weeks' time, they don't say that it hasn't settled, and that he needs the knife anyway - as has happened a few times in the past. Best of luck to Taylor.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 10:31am

Johnny McNicholl injured his ankle late on in the game against Toulon last weekend. Johnny has started his rehabilitation and is expected to be unavailable for up to eight weeks.

Leigh Halfpenny was removed for a Head Injury Assessment in the second half against Toulon. Leigh has completed the HIA process and is back in full training.

Tomi Lewis has this week undergone surgery for a significant knee injury sustained in training. Tomi has the support of all at Scarlets as he begins the long road to recovery that lies ahead of him. It is estimated that his rehabilitation will be in the region of 12 months.

Edited by minded - 25 September 2020 at 10:31am
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 10:41am
Speedy recovery to Tomi and Johnny, postive news about Halfpenny
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 10:51am
Feared far worse for Johnny initially. Up to 8 weeks is a lot less than it looked aat the time. 
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 10:55am
[QUOTE=thommo]Feared far worse for Johnny initially. Up to 8 weeks is a lot less than it looked aat the time.  
Agreed. Really thought that Jonny was going to be out for a very long time.  As it works out eight weeks isn’t ideal but not as bad as we feared.  Desperately sorry for Tomi but so relieved for Leigh .
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

[QUOTE=thommo]Feared far worse for Johnny initially. Up to 8 weeks is a lot less than it looked aat the time.  
Agreed. Really thought that Jonny was going to be out for a very long time.  As it works out eight weeks isn’t ideal but not as bad as we feared.  Desperately sorry for Tomi but so relieved for Leigh .
Echoed.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 12:17pm
Great shame for Tomi that. Looking for a breakthrough season. Speedy recovery.

Bette renews than expected on JMac.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic