Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

£550k investment in playing surface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 8:46am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

good to know the finances are in good measure. Did think they would have announced some sort of signing to try and entice new season tickets
next week surely.
Have we announced Blacker or Jeffries yet?
Edit - not that they are exactly household names.

I can hardly wait. I am convinced that (apart from Blacker and Jeffries) they will be two hugely famous signings that will take us to the next level. Absolutely no doubt about it.

I was but I can't help but think if it was massive signings we would have found out by now.

As an aside someone I know was saying that we have signed a 15 year old scrum half from England on a 5 year development contract. Anyone know about this?
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

good to know the finances are in good measure. Did think they would have announced some sort of signing to try and entice new season tickets
next week surely.

I can hardly wait. I am convinced that (apart from Blacker and Jeffries) they will be two hugely famous signings that will take us to the next level. Absolutely no doubt about it.

I was but I can't help but think if it was massive signings we would have found out by now.

As an aside someone I know was saying that we have signed a 15 year old scrum half from England on a 5 year development contract. Anyone know about this?

It was quoted on here somewhere sometime ago. Eastern Outpost may remember, as the young man was from East Anglia I believe.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

next week surely.

It was quoted on here somewhere sometime ago. Eastern Outpost may remember, as the young man was from East Anglia I believe.

I knew I had read it somewhere as well but I couldn't for the life of me remember.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 9:52am
Yes he was photographed with Gareth Jenkins and I think Kev George and his parents who from down Llanelli way. May be Bury St Edmunds Way? Or even Ipswich way?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 9:59am

Excellent investment!
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 10:43am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Yes he was photographed with Gareth Jenkins and I think Kev George and his parents who from down Llanelli way. May be Bury St Edmunds Way? Or even Ipswich way?

Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 10:53am

next week surely.

sometimes players want their current seasons finished before announcing anything.
maybe, we want our coaches here before announcing any newcomers?
I am sure there will be a few ontop of Jeffries and blacker.
I don't expect them to be huge though. I think Lousi is our big signing. we may bring in an Asquith/Kennedy type back & forward.
or as it is world cup year, with so many players out of contract post world cup, those players are still negotiating their best deal...take AWJ for example.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 11:54am
The young scrum half goes to St Joseph’s College in Ipswich.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

You could call down for a kick around with him Steve !😉🏉
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 6:58pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

You could call down for a kick around with him Steve !😉🏉
🙈
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2019 at 10:17pm

Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

I assume there will be capital tax offsets for this substantial capital investment to take into account and it will allow for more games to be played on the pitch at the different grade levels? The board would not do this unless it was justified.

Yep, there will be capital allowances which will be allowed to be taken off profit to reduce the tax paid.

Profit?  The Scarlets make a profit, you think?  I thought they made a six figure loss on a yearly basis, which is why we need benefactors to keep the club going.  
That's no longer the case I believe

Interesting, thanks for the info.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic