Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for play off game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Kruger isn’t really any worse than Samson this season and is probably our best carrier in the tight

Done 80 minutes this season before now, I'm sure it was Munster home possibly? Think he edges it slightly for me with the work he gets through.
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

how have we got these new injuries??? this is crazy? what are they doing down there?

Possibly on pre booked holidays or something similar.😎
Keep the faith
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Wow, with those injuries we will struggle...
but at least we will have an excuse for playing poo,we've used it all season which is why we are in this situation and if the injury excuse doesn't work the ref was born in ospreylia-no lose situation.Angry
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:04am
worst case scenario side:

15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. Johnny Mac
13. Foxy
12. Parkes
11. Ioan
10. Patch
9. Cawdor
8. Cassiem
7. Macleod
6. Blade
5. Cummins
4. Ball
3. Kruger
2. Ken
1. Price
16. Jones
17. Evans
18. Gardiner
19. Bullbring
20. Boyde
21. Hardy
22. Dan
23. Asquith
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:26am
Hopefully not Gardner as the RFC will need all the forwards grunt it can muster to tackle a no doubt big and heavy Pooler team on Friday in the Relegation play off. Having the RFC relegated would also be a disaster for the Region as the owner of the RFC . Worrying times for all clubs playing out of Parc Y Scarlets 😰
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

worst case scenario side:

15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. Johnny Mac
13. Foxy
12. Parkes
11. Ioan
10. Patch
9. Cawdor
8. Cassiem
7. Macleod
6. Blade
5. Cummins
4. Ball
3. Kruger
2. Ken
1. Price
16. Jones
17. Evans
18. Gardiner
19. Bullbring
20. Boyde
21. Hardy
22. Dan
23. Asquith
Thats the backline and backs bench that I would choose even if everyone was fully fit. Back 5 is as strong a back five as we've fielded all season. Not too worried about that front row either (compared with Ospreys front row) although Samson, Rob, Wyn and Ryan are a huge loss. 

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 15 May 2019 at 10:16am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:18am
Wyn is arguably the bigger loss out of him & Samson as I think Werner has been excellent & one of the best overseas signings we have made in recent years. He might not get the credit he deserves but I rate him very highly.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:20am
Samson & Wyn are doubts not deffo at the moment. Ryan Elias is back. If Wyn can make it then I have every faith in Werner to do a good job. My only argument with the chosen backs is the absence of Steff Evans who along with Jonny is our most potent attacking weapon. 
Cwmgwuan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cwmgwuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 11:42am
I agree with rochester. Steff has to start. A lot of great tries have started with steff making the initial break so i dont understand why fans are not including him in match day 23?
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 11:55am
I agree, Steff to start, and then I'd put Ioan on the bench.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Hopefully not Gardner as the RFC will need all the forwards grunt it can muster to tackle a no doubt big and heavy Pooler team on Friday in the Relegation play off. Having the RFC relegated would also be a disaster for the Region as the owner of the RFC . Worrying times for all clubs playing out of Parc Y Scarlets 😰
Priority has to be getting Scarlets in to Europe surely? In terms of bringing in money it doesn’t really compare..
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Priority has to be getting Scarlets in to Europe surely? In terms of bringing in money it doesn’t really compare..
Absolutely . I just point out the disaster of the RFC going down with its close feeder connections with the Scarlets and I just hope the lead forwards are okay for Saturday with a big fingers crossed and keeping the selection balls carefully juggled 👍 . 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I agree, Steff to start, and then I'd put Ioan on the bench.

Ioan is struggling  for the weekend , has a fitness test today
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:57pm

What s the difference moneywise between Champions and Challenge comps?
Scarlets before Wales
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

huge. huge credit to our sponsors to have tied sponsors down to several years as trying to get sponsors whilst being out of the big competition would have been disaster. TV Revenue is huge from Champions Cup as is prize money. I read somewhere that Scarlets had more prize money for qualifying to the quarters and semis of europe than Blues had during their winning campaign of the challenge cup. so there's quite a big difference. a diffrence Welsh sides can not lose out on. Its no coincidence that since not qualifying in Europes top competition, Ospreys and Cardiff Blues have struggled financially.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

huge. huge credit to our sponsors to have tied sponsors down to several years as trying to get sponsors whilst being out of the big competition would have been disaster. TV Revenue is huge from Champions Cup as is prize money. I read somewhere that Scarlets had more prize money for qualifying to the quarters and semis of europe than Blues had during their winning campaign of the challenge cup. so there's quite a big difference. a diffrence Welsh sides can not lose out on. Its no coincidence that since not qualifying in Europes top competition, Ospreys and Cardiff Blues have struggled financially.

Knock outs yes. You make your own £ if you qualify from out of the group stages.

But for competing - I was under the impression that the 4 regions get an equal share per season - no matter which tier competition they qualify for, as set out in the Rugby Services Agreement. Or whatever it's called this week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic