FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foxy
    Posted: 19 March 2019 at 6:36pm
This thread can now be closed after today's good news
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2019 at 9:09pm
Money shouldnt be an issue after his horse came in today...Wink
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

if we have any pretentions of showing that the last 2 seasons weren't flukes then we have to quash these rumours straight away,personaly my respect for him went out of the window when he was made captain  and he announced in November he was leaving with words along the lines of "someone that matches my ambitions" if he goes he goes.
Same lack of respect for SQ, Regan King, Steve-O, I presume?

not really,i was gutted they left at the time but foxy was made captain for the season we desperately needed someone like him to stick around and 8 weeks later he said he was leaving,this forum is all about opinions and that's mine.
Just a weird way of thinking in my eyes.
You’re asking a guy to give up the chance to (likely) near enough double his earning potential, and sample a different culture/way of living, all because he was made joint captain a few months earlier in a pretty token gesture.
I would put a bet that not many people on this forum would turn down an extra £100k-£250k a year, I certainly wouldn’t.

While I agree it depends what you are already earning. If you are on £250k then doubling your money has to be interesting but if you are on £2m a year, maybe not as much. I was offered a bit more to go and work in one of our Dutch factories but it wasn't enough to drag me away from the rest of what I love about my life - location, the team, family, existing job satisfaction. It's not all about money.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 2:42pm

if we have any pretentions of showing that the last 2 seasons weren't flukes then we have to quash these rumours straight away,personaly my respect for him went out of the window when he was made captain  and he announced in November he was leaving with words along the lines of "someone that matches my ambitions" if he goes he goes.

not really,i was gutted they left at the time but foxy was made captain for the season we desperately needed someone like him to stick around and 8 weeks later he said he was leaving,this forum is all about opinions and that's mine.
You’re asking a guy to give up the chance to (likely) near enough double his earning potential, and sample a different culture/way of living, all because he was made joint captain a few months earlier in a pretty token gesture.
I would put a bet that not many people on this forum would turn down an extra £100k-£250k a year, I certainly wouldn’t.

While I agree it depends what you are already earning. If you are on £250k then doubling your money has to be interesting but if you are on £2m a year, maybe not as much. I was offered a bit more to go and work in one of our Dutch factories but it wasn't enough to drag me away from the rest of what I love about my life - location, the team, family, existing job satisfaction. It's not all about money.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2019 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

a few years ago work was a bit tight and the ospreys season tickets were cheaper that the scarlets,i didn't leave my team.Wink
Don’t think things being a bit tight would be enough for me either. Maybe a gun to my head would be enough. Just maybe mind you.
my point was I would have had more money in my pocket had I moved,as it is i'm with you on the gun.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 5:34pm

a few years ago work was a bit tight and the ospreys season tickets were cheaper that the scarlets,i didn't leave my team.Wink
Don’t think things being a bit tight would be enough for me either. Maybe a gun to my head would be enough. Just maybe mind you.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2019 at 4:29pm

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 10:23pm
Was just about to post
Scarlets before Wales
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 4:20pm
Scarlets!!!
mark in sydney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 12:08pm
Looks like 2 lagers is staying put with the Tigers 

Thank [beep] for that ...now we can stop thinking Foxy is leaving 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-6803681/Manu-Tuilagi-signs-new-deal-Leicester-Tigers-end-talks-post-World-Cup-France.html

I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 9:38am
Signing a current international during a World Cup year would be very curious from the Tigers.

Our internationals are going to play very little club rugby next season.
Westwalian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westwalian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 8:40am
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

He's nearly 31, got plenty of caps and English Rugby will offer him a fortune for his final big contract. 
Can't blame him really.

Leaving us twice? It would be a shame. To some fans it would spoil his legacy.

Stevo left twice. There are few with a greater legacy in the club than him!
Defender of Priestland
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I thought Barclay was great.
You can easily see Barclay being at the fore of one channel’s programmes for quite some time. He can play the straight role or inject plenty of humour at the right time.

Fingers crossed for him.

I reallly hope we bring him back as a coach one day. Very intelligent guy.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 7:05am

You can easily see Barclay being at the fore of one channel’s programmes for quite some time. He can play the straight role or inject plenty of humour at the right time.

Fingers crossed for him.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 4:01am
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2019 at 8:13pm

Not much dosh in punditry unless you land a weekly gig.
John Barclay should be doing ok then

Wonder if he will be fit for Edinburgh’s visit to us.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic