Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets under 23 squad..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2018 at 9:46pm
I disagree Martin
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 8:51am
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

such a shame,that fans are being charged to watch the u23's. nobody will be turning up to watch these games,unfortunately.

Why shouldn't you be charged? You pay to watch the under 20's.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 8:52am

Why is it as fans some of people except to watch games for free,our season tickets are a bargain as it is roll on Ospreys away .

The Scarlets age grade games are all to pay and are great vaue .
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 9:15am
I think it's because some or all of the other regions are offering the 'A' games as free entry right?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 10:32am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Why is it as fans some of people except to watch games for free,our season tickets are a bargain as it is roll on Ospreys away .

The Scarlets age grade games are all to pay and are great vaue .

They are not age grade tho, they are A games. Which really speaking should be available to season ticket holders.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 11:31am
The A games should be free IMO to season ticket holders.

Edited by salmidach - 27 August 2018 at 11:31am
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 12:46pm
Following other sports such as cricket & soccer, (but not all of them I must admit) 2nd team games are normally free.

I see no harm in them being free, someone will need to, prepare cash floats, count & bank the money, pay extra for the people on the gate, (more responsibility) and probably the cost will be nearly as much as the anticipated profit from these games.

So on a cost value analysis I would back free games.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 1:29pm
Some of the significant costs of running a stadium complex are the security overheads and personally I see no reason not to charge something  modest to watch A rugby with free admission to children. 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Some of the significant costs of running a stadium complex are the security overheads and personally I see no reason not to charge something  modest to watch A rugby with free admission to children. 
Its a drop off tho, charging will significantly reduce the gate, where as st holders would come in greater numbers and spend more at the ground, probably making more than charging a fee to a much smaller crowd.

I think they should test the water and see if good numbers attend either way and review it maybe.
CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Its a drop off tho, charging will significantly reduce the gate, where as st holders would come in greater numbers and spend more at the ground, probably making more than charging a fee to a much smaller crowd.

I think they should test the water and see if good numbers attend either way and review it maybe.

Thanks for the suggestion. CRYS16 are meeting with the Scarlets in a few weeks and we will add this to the agenda. 
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by CRYS16 CRYS16 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. CRYS16 are meeting with the Scarlets in a few weeks and we will add this to the agenda. 

To reduce costs on security/admin etc., can they just open one stand? I would epxect a good gate to be in the hundreds, no?
Scarlets before Wales
randelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 8:58am
I think we should pay.

SATURDAY was free for some reason and crowd was crap.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 9:09am
with the loss of the LV cup and 3 fixtures for the season ticket, then surely these could be replaced by the A games?
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 9:09am
The trouble started when ST holders got free entry to RFC games. Then they started charging (£5 for ST holders) and people rebelled. Frankly it should never have been part of the ST or maybe to Premier and above only for example? Does the A league in England charge out of interest? They get some pretty good crowds as people realise that basically they are watching the guys that play for the firsts occasionally not just some unknowns. Here to be shot down but as a region, we have always had issues following anything but the `firsts` for some reason. Many don't even do to the AW games. Cant quite get my head around that, it's the Scarlet dragon on the shirt so what difference does it make? Always makes me chuckle at games when I hear people asking 'who's that on the wing? Who's the boy playing 7?' etc as they take no interest in the clubs, academy, colleges. Not sure what the region can do to change that.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by CRYS16 CRYS16 wrote:

Would it?
Wasnt the case when the semi pros was free to ST holders. Even when they had a decent side playing good stuff too. Few hundred maximum would turn up. Dont think theres been a significant drop.

How much are they looking to charge?

Plus the home A fixtures now will be shared amongs PYS, Llandovery and Carmarthen. A way for Llandovery and Carmarthen to attempt to get in a crowd and cash in. I think theres only 1 maybe 2 fixtures for A team announced for PYS.

Edited by PE SA - 28 August 2018 at 12:08pm
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2018 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

The trouble started when ST holders got free entry to RFC games. Then they started charging (£5 for ST holders) and people rebelled. Frankly it should never have been part of the ST or maybe to Premier and above only for example? Does the A league in England charge out of interest? They get some pretty good crowds as people realise that basically they are watching the guys that play for the firsts occasionally not just some unknowns. Here to be shot down but as a region, we have always had issues following anything but the `firsts` for some reason. Many don't even do to the AW games. Cant quite get my head around that, it's the Scarlet dragon on the shirt so what difference does it make? Always makes me chuckle at games when I hear people asking 'who's that on the wing? Who's the boy playing 7?' etc as they take no interest in the clubs, academy, colleges. Not sure what the region can do to change that.

But to be fair, people have every right to follow the Scarets how they want. Not everyone is into rugby that much. Those that are may have limited time - long commute, hard hours, 3 kids, little spare money, another hobby as well, so their time can only focus on the main squad. Generally though, I don't think the people of Llanelli know how lucky they are to have the Scarlets. A top class team in a town of 50,000 people. But when you see the crowd number per population, they match up pretty well to other places.
Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic