Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pivac is Gatland's successor - Announced

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pivac is Gatland's successor - Announced
    Posted: 09 July 2018 at 9:32am
WRU have called a news conference for later today apparently to announce Pivac as Gatland's successor. 
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 9:43am
The BBC rumour that Wayne has the job:

Yet to be confirmed - he is the obvious choice, though from a Scarlets POV it would be a pity... we'll see later.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 9:48am
gutted to be honest, just don't want him and the coaching team to go. not bothered about WRU to be honest.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 9:58am
Will be gutted, feel like we are still on the up & improving every season. I hope he isn't away too much next season with Gats & all.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:00am
It's the only decision unless there was a massive clash of personalities or outlook at the interviews.

I'd be gutted but hats off to Wayne if this does come to pass.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:07am
Double feeling in this news...Pivac, and honestly all the Scarlets staff, deserve this call for how they worked in the last years..Jones and Hayward, one of my favorite coach in Europe for defence, did really well and continue with National team is a fisiological call..
The problem for Scarlets now is find a new staff, of course I think Pivac will help in this process.
Gutted for the announcing time, but for me this could be the moment for Wilson as Scarlets head coach..
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

It's the only decision unless there was a massive clash of personalities or outlook at the interviews.

Yes he really is the obvious candidate. I really do hope that Stevo steps up to head coach and doesn't go with Pivac. Filling the head coach role at the Scarlets for a few years will hopefully deliver the WRU a ready made successor to Wayne when the time comes.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:17am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes he really is the obvious candidate. I really do hope that Stevo steps up to head coach and doesn't go with Pivac. Filling the head coach role at the Scarlets for a few years will hopefully deliver the WRU a ready made successor to Wayne when the time comes.

I bet Wayne will take Stevo as backs coach with him - Wales would benefit enormously from the duo to best implement Pivac's gameplan. Wonder if we'll keep Shaun Edwards as defence coach or if he'll move on? He's had such a big impact and our defence and fitness has been top notch with him and Gatland in fairness.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:27am
So going by previous Welsh coaches. He’ll be like the second coming for 3 or so years then if we start losing a game or two he’ll be the worse thing to happen to Welsh rugby.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:29am
Looks like the Crys AGM on Thursday will be a quiet night in at the library... not!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:33am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I bet Wayne will take Stevo as backs coach with him - Wales would benefit enormously from the duo to best implement Pivac's gameplan. Wonder if we'll keep Shaun Edwards as defence coach or if he'll move on? He's had such a big impact and our defence and fitness has been top notch with him and Gatland in fairness.

I can see Edwards heading back to Wigan but I don't think the seasons match up & I don't think the WRU would want to lose him before the RWC.
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 11:19am
The only bright side to this is we no longer have suffer aweful coaching from Howley.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 11:31am
Yes Stevo is a class above Howley which is not difficult to be honest. He is the obvious candidate but I would still like to see him as our No 1. For the WRU I would offer Larkham the role of attack coach making him an offer he can't refuse. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 11:54am
Gutted. They’ll be wasted with Wales.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:10pm
We can only hope that we only lose one of team. Stevo to No 1 Byron & Ioan carry on & Dwayne come in to be attack coach. At least with Wayne in charge we can hope for some fairer treatment when it comes to release in International windows. He also has a better attitude with the press than the previous regime who usually came across as antagonistic. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:12pm
Is there a risk we could lose Wayne at some point next season in terms of him joining up with the Wales set up throughout the year or do we think it will be a complete new start when he actually has starts the role?

Also we would be due some compensation as he only signed an extension recently.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic