Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro14 fixtures?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2018 at 9:13pm
What was the supermarket.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Was in the supermarket yesterday wearing my Scarlets top. I was stopped by this lad who said I was not expecting to see a Scarlets jersey here. He was a Dubliner.

We chatted about the Pro14.  Like me he was more region/province than country when it came to rugby.

Anyway he was saying despite his grave reservations about the South Africans joining the League, he has been very pleasantly surprised by how well it has gone and welcomes a couple more. I am of exactly the same opinion.

Thoughts from the forum?
I’d go along with that entirely.

The much needed money and the impact of the Cheetahs competitively were great. Southern Kings are building from the ashes and will get better.

The chance for a trip there is great and more will be able to consider going now it’s not a short notice surprise as it was last year. Another couple of teams would be good, in principle. It would mean 3 games over there each season, on the current basis, which would be fine over one trip.

As ever, it’ll depend how the expanded format unfolds in terms of games played.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Was in the supermarket yesterday wearing my Scarlets top. I was stopped by this lad who said I was not expecting to see a Scarlets jersey here. He was a Dubliner.

We chatted about the Pro14.  Like me he was more region/province than country when it came to rugby.

Anyway he was saying despite his grave reservations about the South Africans joining the League, he has been very pleasantly surprised by how well it has gone and welcomes a couple more. I am of exactly the same opinion.

Thoughts from the forum?
I’d go along with that entirely.

The much needed money and the impact of the Cheetahs competitively were great. Southern Kings are building from the ashes and will get better.

The chance for a trip there is great and more will be able to consider going now it’s not a short notice surprise as it was last year. Another couple of teams would be good, in principle. It would mean 3 games over there each season, on the current basis, which would be fine over one trip.

As ever, it’ll depend how the expanded format unfolds in terms of games played.

There was a lot of doubt and worry when the new format was announced, but TBF it seems to have worked pretty well, and the SA teams did provide a bit of extra novelty and interest... I seem to recollect that Anayi was more or less accused of being a fantasist when he originally spoke of his plans, but all credit to him - he seems to have delivered, so far anyway. 
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 1:53pm
I like that we now have a slightly different fixture list each year, I for one will be all over Connacht away cos we didn't go there last year.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 8:59am
Minded will know the answer to this, I’m sure. Others too, probably.

Are the fixtures being released later than when we had multiple broadcasters, or is it my imagination?

It could just be that I thought they’d be released by today following the guidance given following the PRW/WRU meeting with the Joint Supporters Group.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 9:08am

Are the fixtures being released later than when we had multiple broadcasters, or is it my imagination?

It could just be that I thought they’d be released by today following the guidance given following the PRW/WRU meeting with the Joint Supporters Group.
If we ignore last year as it had to be a late due to S.Africa teams being added and look at the season before, coincidentally the fixtures were out on 13th July 2016. So unless we get them today then yes they will be later.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

If we ignore last year as it had to be a late due to S.Africa teams being added and look at the season before, coincidentally the fixtures were out on 13th July 2016. So unless we get them today then yes they will be later.
Thanks Minded.

That’s a shame on the PRO14’s part
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 1:38pm
According to a Tweet from PRO14 they're hoping to have the fixtures out at the end of the week. The provisional fixtures have been completed and have  gone out to the clubs and TV, just waiting for any changes that might be requested.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 4:11pm
I just looked. I can’t see anything?
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 4:29pm
A Cheetahs fan on the Twitter (@DjRoussouw87) sent a screen-grab of a direct message he'd received from PRO14 which included the info in Tim Opolis's's's's post - 'fixtures are with the clubs, just waiting for any final tweaks requested by clubs or broadcasters'.

Suspect we'll see them by the time the new kit is revealed.

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 7:00pm
I think it's absolutely daft having these South African teams in the league personally
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I think it's absolutely daft having these South African teams in the league personally

Why ?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I agree. The only plus is bringing money into the league.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 8:09pm
  No brainer the more  South African teams in the league,more cash in the pot simple.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

No brainer the more  South African teams in the league,more cash in the pot simple.

Where does it end? Shall we get 16 of them in and play 7 of our home games in Nelspruit?

I know we need cash but everything comes at a price.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Where does it end? Shall we get 16 of them in and play 7 of our home games in Nelspruit?

I know we need cash but everything comes at a price.

There his a possibility of five South African teams in the Pro.14 in the years ahead ? with the talk of none of there Countries teams in Super rugby, the size of and depth of South African Rugby four teams in our league would be fantastic !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic