Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

O’Brien announced and Kennedy signed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: O’Brien announced and Kennedy signed
    Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:06pm
http://www.scarlets.wales/en/news/articles/scarlets-add-two-exciting-youngsters-to-squad/

As the season draws to a close the Scarlets have added another two new recruits to their ranks for the forthcoming 2018-19 season in the Guinness PRO14 and European Rugby Champions Cup.

With six newcomers in Uzair Casseim, Clayton Blommetjies, Kieron Fonotia, Blade Thomson, Kieran Hardy and Sam Hidalgo-Clyne already announced the Scarlets are pleased to confirm that two more names have been added to the in-coming contingent of Scarlets.

Fly half Angus O’Brien and loose forward Ed Kennedy, both 23, will join the Scarlets from Dragons and Australian side Randwick respectively.
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:09pm
Welcome Angus and Ed. Think O'Brien is a shrewd signing. Has a lot of ability and dragons didn't utilise him. I know nothing about ed Kennedy but another back 5 player
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:19pm
Ed who??

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:19pm
Trust in PIvac.
sreve19 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sreve19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:22pm
Does he have any Welsh ancestry I wonder.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:23pm
Yes he does read the article
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:32pm
  Welcome to Scarlets Angus and Ed...
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:43pm
I have never been impressed with O’Brien but suppose that Dragons pack/team can make anyone look bad. Think he can really kick on here and will benefit from playing behind a good pack and inside top players like Hadleigh and Foxy.

Kennedy is impossible to find any info on and is a real punt however we don’t really have anything to lose and I’ll back Gareth Jenkins (if he’s still involved) and Pivac’s abilities to find rough diamonds all day long.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:48pm
Well, Ed came as a complete surprise. While I think most of us have seen Angus play I doubt if many have seen Ed.
Competition in the back 5 of the forwards will be pretty fierce, maybe not immediately, but when everyone has settled in and begin to develop as Cummins has since Xmas.
It was only a few days ago that I was lamenting that we don't seem to be able to produce all that many local, second rows and ball-carrying 8 s. Answer - go further afield and find promising players from the 4 corners of the rugby globe.
Once again well done coaches you haven't waited for a deficiency to occur - you've tried  to fill the gaps before they become obvious.
Pob lwc i'r ddau ohonoch. Cerddwn ymlaen.
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:02pm
http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/10/26/nrc-teams-round-nine

You can see Kennedy (wearing 19) on the second vid playing for Sydney Rays. I think it's him anyway.

1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:05pm
O'Brien has always looked a tidy player to me... and can only improve with Stevo to guide him. 

As for Kennedy - did anyone see that coming? Don't remember any rumours... the clever thing here is that he's a big Welsh-qualified second- or back-rower. I expect he's here as a bit of a development player, like Jake, but it'll be interesting to see what he brings to the squad, and presumably slots in as a 5 or 6 in the manner of Beirne or Rawlins... though we shouldn't expect too much too soon, I expect.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:13pm
The last sentence in the article:

“Our recruitment policy and planning is as much about succession planning as it is the immediate future and we’re very excited to see how both continue to grow as young men both on and off the field.”

So we're looking for these two to develop over a year or two. Ed seems to have all the attributes- lets hope he can realise the apparent potential. .
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

You can see Kennedy (wearing 19) on the second vid playing for Sydney Rays. I think it's him anyway.

The Sydney Rays.

Famous for scoring the one and only OWN TRY ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCY6_iyOP5I
Scarlets before Wales
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

Yes, he appeared once or twice, but very little in the vid. A lock.

https://www.rugby.com.au/players/29536#NRC
Scarlets before Wales
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 11:03pm
Great to have Angus O’Brien confirmed, and a typical #Tnewsday surprise to to find a bonus signing.

Apart from being one of the best US punk bands, ‘Ed Kennedy's Welsh-qualified, too!

Edited by NobbySosban - 16 May 2018 at 12:14pm
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:06am
They must've signed him for the marketing degree, need to sell some season tickets.

https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic