Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bath away

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bath away
    Posted: 02 January 2018 at 1:01am
Massively looking forward to this. Will be my first time at the Rec. Have had to manoeuvre my way out of Uni lectures on the Friday to be able to make the game!

Due to my family living 1 hour and 15 minutes from Llanelli, and me being in University in Cardiff, the best option for us is to drive to Bath. My dad has had to make the same journey in the past for work, so is more than happy to do so. Obviously we'll miss the craic that will no doubt be on the supporters buses!

Hopefully the fact that the game is on a Friday (ludicrous scheduling from EPCR) won't prevent too many of the Turk faithful from making it to Somerset, and we can be there in big numbers to give the boys a helping hand as we look for the win which will keep our European hopes alive.

Customary away day question - where is everyone heading for the pre-match shant? 

Edited by PritchyTheScarlet - 02 January 2018 at 1:02am
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 12:57pm
  Hotel booked just waiting match tickets from Scarlets now .
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 1:55pm
anyone know if there's a supporters bus going
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 2:13pm

Yes buses are planned contact Scarlets ticket office Nigel.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Yes buses are planned contact Scarlets ticket office Nigel.
cheers mark will have a word when I pick tickets up though probably staying at my daughters flat in Bristol.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 4:39pm
First supporters bus has been filled. Scarlets now taking names for a second bus, a minimum of 40 required for it to run.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Massively looking forward to this. Will be my first time at the Rec. Have had to manoeuvre my way out of Uni lectures on the Friday to be able to make the game!

Due to my family living 1 hour and 15 minutes from Llanelli, and me being in University in Cardiff, the best option for us is to drive to Bath. My dad has had to make the same journey in the past for work, so is more than happy to do so. Obviously we'll miss the craic that will no doubt be on the supporters buses!

Hopefully the fact that the game is on a Friday (ludicrous scheduling from EPCR) won't prevent too many of the Turk faithful from making it to Somerset, and we can be there in big numbers to give the boys a helping hand as we look for the win which will keep our European hopes alive.

Customary away day question - where is everyone heading for the pre-match shant? 
the boater is a good pub right by the ground.booked a table for food there last week and had a confirmation e mail,following night I had an e mail cancelling my booking when I enquired as to why they had cancelled they replied there was a game on and they were expecting to be busy so it was walk in only,surely that is the point of booking tables.Angry
Scrum_Bar_Turk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrum_Bar_Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2018 at 8:59pm
I have 1 terrace ticket available ( thatcher's East) due to friend pulling out £30 - message if you interested to pick up ( I live Llanelli area) I am at home tomorrow and Friday for it to be picked up 
randelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 8:44am
I have spare room in Holiday Inn Express on Friday

Its a double bed with sofa bed Incl brekkie.

COST £80

I also have spare space in similar room.at £40
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:51am

First supporters bus has been filled. Scarlets now taking names for a second bus, a minimum of 40 required for it to run.
how much is it and what time are they leaving?
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:53am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

how much is it and what time are they leaving?
please.Embarrassed
T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:55am
Anyone know for the best place to park near the ground?
Looking forward to my first visit to the Rec
Writer for The Rugby Club
Scrum_Bar_Turk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrum_Bar_Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 11:52am
just booked ticket on second supporters bus ( first bus is full) they need 40 confirmed bookings to run second bus they currently have 9 including me - £18 return is good value if your not looking to spend night in bath - ring ticket office on 01554292939 to book your place. ( leaves Llanelli 2.45pm) 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by T_RICHARDS_94 T_RICHARDS_94 wrote:

There are quite a few car parks in Bath, unless you are hoping to find a space in a road somewhere:

Some of them look reasonably close to the ground, and appear to be free after 8pm. There are links to a page showing prices etc.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by T_RICHARDS_94 T_RICHARDS_94 wrote:

There are quite a few car parks in Bath, unless you are hoping to find a space in a road somewhere:

Some of them look reasonably close to the ground, and appear to be free after 8pm. There are links to a page showing prices etc.
who's going to wait till 8 to park?LOL
randelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 6:13pm
Just the room available now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic