Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Future Tnewsdays...
Richard Whifin, Dane Blacker, Alex Jeffries, couple more signings, and arent there a few more renewals to do?
Samson? Jake Ball? or are retention announcements complete?

tbh blacker and Jeffries are hardly going to shift many season tickets are they?

4th choice tight head  and 4th choice scrum half
4th choice tighthead? He’ll be third overall and second for most of the season.

so from the jacks  bench to our bench?

hmm ok , I saw him play vs ponty on tv  this year and come on vs the rfc he was struggling at that level tbh

Edited by RR1972 - 23 May 2019 at 12:48pm
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:50pm

Future Tnewsdays...
Richard Whifin, Dane Blacker, Alex Jeffries, couple more signings, and arent there a few more renewals to do?

tbh blacker and Jeffries are hardly going to shift many season tickets are they?

no, but I dont think many signings will.

not even David Lyons did us much in terms of season tickets...we are already approaching 4000 seasons.
we wont get much more even if we signed Naholo. we are where we are.
winning trophies brings in season tickets more than signings.

Did the signings of Foxy and Halfpenny add to season tickets???

I suppose a few and increased interest in the team , more clicks on websites, more jerseys sold etc

We have signed 1 player for the   first team next year , so our big hope is we don't get another season of injuries like this
1 player that’s been announced

If we have signed player announce them, would give a good moral booster considering the current mood around the place
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:52pm
We need new players, the squad struggled this season. New  players needed  to give excitement in the stands
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

We need new players, the squad struggled this season. New  players needed  to give excitement in the stands
I don’t think we need that many surely we can’t have another horrendous season with injuries to such key individuals again
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:57pm

Future Tnewsdays...

hmm ok , I saw him play vs ponty on tv  this year and come on vs the rfc he was struggling at that level tbh
was he in a good pack? did he have much support from the locks at scrum time?

He is highly rated at the Ospreys. and has been through age grade. i personally think he will overtake Gardiner and will be the next to take over Kruger as Krugers career will come to an end. Thats how I see it panning out if he continues to develop. lets not forget hes a young prop and pontypool were known for their experienced pack. did you watch any other games he played in? Ospreys As etc?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:11pm

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Future Tnewsdays...

Possibly 5th if SHC stays.

samson and cawdor will miss a large chunk of the season.
so before injuries, Blacker on paper is 3rd choice...whilst jeffries is 2nd/3rd. expect him to move above Gardiner. 

Im not sure he is/will be ahead of any of the three of Hardy, SHC & Evans.
daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:47pm

Future Tnewsdays...

so before injuries, Blacker on paper is 3rd choice...whilst jeffries is 2nd/3rd. expect him to move above Gardiner. 

Harlequins didn't mention anything about SHC coming back from his loan when announcing departing players;I reckon we wont see SHC back at PYS.
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by daveoda daveoda wrote:

Future Tnewsdays...

Harlequins didn't mention anything about SHC coming back from his loan when announcing departing players;I reckon we wont see SHC back at PYS.
not expecting SHC back at all.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

I don’t think we need that many surely we can’t have another horrendous season with injuries to such key individuals again
 Ideally we  need 2 locks, no 8, 6, centre and 2 out  and out wings with pace
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by daveoda daveoda wrote:

Future Tnewsdays...

He was only signed as injury cover until the end of the season
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:20pm

Future Tnewsdays...

He is highly rated at the Ospreys. and has been through age grade. i personally think he will overtake Gardiner and will be the next to take over Kruger as Krugers career will come to an end. Thats how I see it panning out if he continues to develop. lets not forget hes a young prop and pontypool were known for their experienced pack. did you watch any other games he played in? Ospreys As etc?

Not being sarcastic here but how is he highly rated at the ashtrays ? he was  4th choice behind even that molodvan rookie?

Ive seen him play for Aberavon in the semi pros to, he didn't look anything special there either

As I said Joe Rees looks far better to me at this level but I am no expert on front row play in all honesty

Blacker looks a good young player,  we are well stocked at 9 but if we can shift SHC he is far more reasonable salary to be carrying as a squad player

Edited by RR1972 - 23 May 2019 at 2:23pm
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:24pm
shocker I cant see us getting all those players. 2 maybe 3 more and that will be it. if we let will boyde go its because we have youngsters coming through.
see another lock (as we have lost 2). and a winger/fullback maybe at most.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

shocker I cant see us getting all those players. 2 maybe 3 more and that will be it. if we let will boyde go its because we have youngsters coming through.

I wouldn't sign any back 3 players (unless one goes possibly clayton) , I'd give the likes of conniber game time.

Another lock would be nice , not sure where we are at re nwq players or budgets in all honesty
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 5:16pm

Future Tnewsdays...

Not being sarcastic here but how is he highly rated at the ashtrays ? he was  4th choice behind even that molodvan rookie?

Ive seen him play for Aberavon in the semi pros to, he didn't look anything special there either

As I said Joe Rees looks far better to me at this level but I am no expert on front row play in all honesty

Blacker looks a good young player,  we are well stocked at 9 but if we can shift SHC he is far more reasonable salary to be carrying as a squad player
But he’d have been ahead of that Moldovan if he hadn’t signed for Scarlets. They genuinely do rate him highly. They offered him a new deal but the Scarlets offer was better.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 5:17pm

I wouldn't sign any back 3 players (unless one goes possibly clayton) , I'd give the likes of conniber game time.

Another lock would be nice , not sure where we are at re nwq players or budgets in all honesty
There needs to be a back three signing 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 5:18pm

There needs to be a back three signing 

Tom James anyone?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 389>
  Share Topic