Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Macron announced as new kit supplier

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 4:35am
Having a kit launch at an agricultural show ?

I doubt the Royal Welsh would decide to hold their prize Welsh Black Beef comps at half time in PyS mun.

Not the right demographic see.

Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 9:10am
I disagree Wil. I think the Royal Welsh is a good place to have a kit launch. You get a cross section of people going to the Royal Welsh. Lots of Scarlets supporters.We have been going regularly to the Show so having this added feature would help with possible media converge. The Welsh media are out in force in Builth that week.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 9:49am
If you've ever seen the number of rugby shirts at the RWS, then it's the perfect demographic.

And it's surely better to launch the kit at a location with thousands of Welsh visitors, than in front of a handful of people in the club shop, as happened last season.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 10:36am
Tend to agree Will, a strange place.

Surly a better place/situation/occurrence could be found.

I would assume Scarlets/Macron have their experts around, so I could be wrong
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 12:27pm
I see your point Wil but the Royal Welsh attracts more than agricultural minded people. It's a family day out that attracts people from all walks of life. If it gets held in the Parc it's the loyal and main supporters that go so no nobody new really goes.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 12:38pm
The National Eisteddfod is also the sort of place which attracts big crowds. This year's in Sir Fon may not be ideal due to its distance and its location in a primarily football area, but it's definitely something to be kept in mind when it returns to the south.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 12:45pm
Ffidel, we could do a sort of re-launch of North Wales and new kit there it is a few weeks after the RW Show, we could have the Welsh speaking players as I doubt if many will be in NZ
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2017 at 12:59pm
Last game of the season would be ideal, as has been said I think.
If not feasible then definitely July/August

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 3:55am
I'd suggest our launch will be later - it's year 1 of a new partnership so bound to be some teething troubles.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 10:27am
Yes I'm sure the early date of the RWS would be problematic, at least in year one.

Judgement Day would be another to consider, but you'd have the same date issues.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2017 at 5:38pm
Looking at the cad layout for the new shop, it seems the New jerseys are replacing the museum cabinets.........https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5XBzNeWEAIikUI.jpg

Edited by Speedy - 27 April 2017 at 5:39pm
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Looking at the cad layout for the new shop, it seems the New jerseys are replacing the museum cabinets.........https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5XBzNeWEAIikUI.jpg
Yes it seems they are taking the whole shop space...possibly adding the museum artifacts throughout the ground like they have in the South. I would like that to be done in the North also if possible. 

Looking forward to see what Macron have to offer. 
I would like something like the Edinburgh strip - like a camouflage effect. Hopefully Macron are more open to open designs like that than Kooga are.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 1:30pm
There's now training, travel and leisure wear on the shop website https://scarletsmacronshop.com
Particularly like the vest, the training jersey and the travel t shirt.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 2:05pm
like that theyve named the range after players. nice touch. 
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 3:51pm
I think that the new gear looks pretty smart, but the prices on some of the products are way above what I'm willing to pay (e.g. £59.99 for a hoodie!) Will be waiting until closer to Christmas when they'll hopefully drop the price. 
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2017 at 5:15pm
I agree. £29.99 for a vest is a lot but Macron were selling their Scotland vests on Lovell for £10 not long back so will probably get it after this season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic