Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Toulon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 7:30am
Originally posted by TheKing TheKing wrote:

Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

Jonny evans has to start. utter madness if he doesnt... We should be aiming for the 4 tries as a min, run their big pack around, get a tbp and beat them at pys....... beat sarries home, sale away, away QF.... easy

eeerrr, if you want tries then Gareth is your man.

Gareth is always a try scoring threat with moments of genuine brilliance against the best in the world, the problem is they are only moments.  I would rather a scrum half who consistently gets the backline going with slick distribution and sound decision making. JE has proven he has a great all round game and as a bonus he's also chipping in with important tries. It's a tough call as Gareth is a top player but I'd go for JE in this case to reward him for his recent performances and see if he can do it at the highest level.
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Feverpitch Feverpitch wrote:

You are right fidel, I am a first time contributor to the forum which I have viewed with interest for a long time. I have not felt the need to make any comments before but also as you say this is only a rumour I've heard and not corroborated in any way but I think it would be a big injustice not to start with JE given the way he has performed since starting regularly.
Cawdor is a fine attacking scrum half but JE has a better service and game management, and appears a better team player. Is it coincidence that Patchells form has improved receuntly ?

No it not coincidence, it's because he's been playing anglo Welsh and Zebre....

Must admit I didn't see him in the Anglo Welsh games. How did he play?

Patchell had zero impact on the game in the Anglo Welsh, very poor.
Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 8:19am
I think you have to actually play to have an impact. Check the team sheets for the Anglo-Welsh games!
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

You are right fidel, I am a first time contributor to the forum which I have viewed with interest for a long time. I have not felt the need to make any comments before but also as you say this is only a rumour I've heard and not corroborated in any way but I think it would be a big injustice not to start with JE given the way he has performed since starting regularly.
Cawdor is a fine attacking scrum half but JE has a better service and game management, and appears a better team player. Is it coincidence that Patchells form has improved receuntly ?

Must admit I didn't see him in the Anglo Welsh games. How did he play?

Patchell had zero impact on the game in the Anglo Welsh, very poor.

He was almost anonymous, like he wasn't even there.

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 8:32am

TheKing - if you wish to be so critical you really should allow facts to get in the way. Patchell did not play in the Anglo Welsh & from my memory he made telling contributions against the Blues, Glasgow & Leinster. Any half knowledgeable supporter has seen his gradual improvement as the season has progressed. Having a stable starting partner at 9 has helped him. Having a run of games at 10 has also helped. The Scarlets management have been true to their word and played him in his favoured position. 
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 9:17am

Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

Jonny evans has to start. utter madness if he doesnt... We should be aiming for the 4 tries as a min, run their big pack around, get a tbp and beat them at pys....... beat sarries home, sale away, away QF.... easy

eeerrr, if you want tries then Gareth is your man.

Yeah your right since jonny eva doesnt score any tries for us..... We are a better team when he plays. Look back at the games he s come off the bench this season he s had an impact every time. And when he starts he s close to being mom...
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 9:44am
Its a cracking position to be in really.  We have the current welsh scrum half in our squad, and we are genuinely not too sure if he is the best option we have at scrum half.  Not because he is lacking in anyway, but becasue Evans is just as good.  We defininitely are progressing as a squad, as scrum half is not the only possition we have this issue.  We have the same problem in the front row, back row, and the centres.

Personally I think I would go for

Sanj, Steff, Scott, Parkes, DTH, Patch, Evans;
Dylan, Ellias, Kruger, Ball, Price, Barclay, Cubby, Boyde
(bench; Ken, Rob, Samson, Beirne, Shingler; Cawdor, Dan, Foxy/Owen)
trinity60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trinity60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 10:31am
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Its a cracking position to be in really.  We have the current welsh scrum half in our squad, and we are genuinely not too sure if he is the best option we have at scrum half.  Not because he is lacking in anyway, but becasue Evans is just as good.  We defininitely are progressing as a squad, as scrum half is not the only possition we have this issue.  We have the same problem in the front row, back row, and the centres.

Personally I think I would go for

Sanj, Steff, Scott, Parkes, DTH, Patch, Evans;
Dylan, Ellias, Kruger, Ball, Price, Barclay, Cubby, Boyde
(bench; Ken, Rob, Samson, Beirne, Shingler; Cawdor, Dan, Foxy/Owen)

Dylan????
Wyn must start with Rob Evs off the bench for me
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 10:40am
If you want to look at why our back line hasn't got moving this season, then you need to be looking at Patchell, not the 9. But for a couple of games, he has seriously failed in this regard. Both this season and last, our backs have looked a lot more threatening with Dan Jones at 10.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 11:37am

If you want to look at why our back line hasn't got moving this season, then you need to be looking at Patchell, not the 9. But for a couple of games, he has seriously failed in this regard. Both this season and last, our backs have looked a lot more threatening with Dan Jones at 10.

Alright Barry John, clearly been on the sauce already today? I don't know why I'm biting at this obvious attempt at trolling, but it's obvious that Patchell has been instrumental in our upturn in form over the last 10 or so games. His kicking has been exceptional and his control of the game has improved as he's bedded into the team.

We've scored 4 tries in our last 5 games in the league - all games which we've won - and Dan Jones has only started in the LV fixtures, so I very much have no idea where you're coming from here. 

Dan is a top prospect, great to have him in reserve. 

I think every king's judgement wanes eventually. Your fall from grace is heavily influenced by the shant I imagine.

Edited by PearlJam - 09 December 2016 at 11:38am
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 11:46am
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Alright Barry John, clearly been on the sauce already today? I don't know why I'm biting at this obvious attempt at trolling, but it's obvious that Patchell has been instrumental in our upturn in form over the last 10 or so games. His kicking has been exceptional and his control of the game has improved as he's bedded into the team.

We've scored 4 tries in our last 5 games in the league - all games which we've won - and Dan Jones has only started in the LV fixtures, so I very much have no idea where you're coming from here. 

I think every king's judgement wanes eventually. Your fall from grace is heavily influenced by the shant I imagine.

What an incredibly disrespectful post, directed at one of Llanelli and Wales' greatest sons.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 12:17pm

You've been watching completely different game to me.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

[QUOTE=TheKing]If you want to look at why our back line hasn't got moving this season, then you need to be looking at Patchell, not the 9. But for a couple of games, he has seriously failed in this regard. Both this season and last, our backs have looked a lot more threatening with Dan Jones at 10.
You've been watching completely different game to me.[

Patchell has been very good last 5 or 6 games for us..He looks very comfortable,kicks well and controls the game.Dan has done well in the Anglo Welsh games,good back up to Patch....Think you have been watching different games to meSmileSmile
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 1:53pm

What an incredibly disrespectful post, directed at one of Llanelli and Wales' greatest sons.

We've found you out here - Barry john was from Cefneithin, not Llanelly - as any fule kno - so you are clearly not him, and we owe you no respect until you post some sense!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

We've found you out here - Barry john was from Cefneithin, not Llanelly - as any fule kno - so you are clearly not him, and we owe you no respect until you post some sense!

Llanelli rfc pedant, and Cefneithin is within the Llanelli post area.
Not many of our Llanelli / Scarlets legends were from Llanelli town itself.

As I said, disgusting treatment of a Llanelli legend.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 2:56pm
Well I for one think the King's analysis is very close to what Barry John himself would come up with - after 30 pints in 3hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic