Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Jones? - 1980's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2016 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

can anybody find a video footage of his try.you'll see my moment of glory then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it is ! The try is right at the start of the video.

Link fixed.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2016 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Tumblescarlet Tumblescarlet wrote:

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

I was sitting on a bench with all my class mates from graig school,in the pwll end,the day Llanelli played the all black's in 1980.mark Jones scored right in front of me.if anybody looks at TV coverage of his try that day, you'll see me and all my class mates run onto pitch to congratulate mark Jones on scoring.I was wearing a snorkel jacket that day,by the way.think pimp was with me that day as well.

I think myself and Redeyes were sitting next to you lol.

Those were the days. All the schools closed early so people could go to the game. All the kids sitting on benches behind the goals wearing snorkel parkas. 

It is so, so sad that kids today will never get experiences like that.

This, biggest tragedy of modern professional rugby in my opinion .

But what is to stop it happening today?? why not put out invitations to schools with comp tickets. Pro era shouldn't have an impact on that sort of promotion. The biggest thing to hold you back would be the schools. But don't see how you can blame the pro era, its not as if we couldn't accomadate them in the stands is it??

Edited by scarletabroad - 08 February 2016 at 12:02pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2016 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Originally posted by Tumblescarlet Tumblescarlet wrote:

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

I was sitting on a bench with all my class mates from graig school,in the pwll end,the day Llanelli played the all black's in 1980.mark Jones scored right in front of me.if anybody looks at TV coverage of his try that day, you'll see me and all my class mates run onto pitch to congratulate mark Jones on scoring.I was wearing a snorkel jacket that day,by the way.think pimp was with me that day as well.

I think myself and Redeyes were sitting next to you lol.

Those were the days. All the schools closed early so people could go to the game. All the kids sitting on benches behind the goals wearing snorkel parkas. 

It is so, so sad that kids today will never get experiences like that.

This, biggest tragedy of modern professional rugby in my opinion .

But what is to stop it happening today?? why not put out invitations to schools with comp tickets. Pro era shouldn't have an impact on that sort of promotion. The biggest thing to hold you back would be the schools. But don't see how you can blame the pro era, its not as if we couldn't accomadate them in the stands is it??
I think the lack of international sides wanting to play club teams might be the problem
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2016 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

No offence but you really have to ask that question?

In Pivac we trust
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2016 at 1:23pm
I suppose there are two issues - crowd 'invasions' during a match, which nowadays are considered a H&S risk - probably fair enough, as there are odd idiots who may try to attack a player, or the ref - and the much less justified banning of kids having a kick-around at half time (as we used to get at Stradey) - also on H&S reasons, apparently. There seems far less justification for that - are teams afraid that if their kid falls over and twists an ankle, then some bastard of an ambulance-chasing lawyer might sue them for £1 million or so?

I'm really not certain of the exact reason there.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic