Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Article about scarlet financial results 2013-14
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Article about scarlet financial results 2013-14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 22>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBigBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:20am
They also paid out a hefty amount for those solar panels on the roof, which will only payoff in the long run. Thats a few grand there.
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:20am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Originally posted by Ian Lewis Ian Lewis wrote:

I don't understand why we publish our results a year in arrears, imo it doesn't give a true reflection of where we actually stand. Maybe it's time to overhaul our accounting procedures to actually publish the financial year just ended' figures on time.

Standard accounting procedures.

Every company and business file their accounts up to a year after their accounting year.

It's really not standard.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

I don't understand why we publish our results a year in arrears, imo it doesn't give a true reflection of where we actually stand. Maybe it's time to overhaul our accounting procedures to actually publish the financial year just ended' figures on time.

Every company and business file their accounts up to a year after their accounting year.

The other Regions do don't they?

I also know with other businesses that they work up to a year behind.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Gwyn Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gwyn Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:38am
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Hugely dispiriting figures. But our attendances shave massively declined, so is it unexpected?

Posters have called for a wealthy benefactor: that's sorely missing the point. We need people at the stadium and we need a TV deal that allows us some financial freedom, taking our reliance away from this wealthy altruist who we're hoping will swoop in to save us.

The fact that people wallow around Llanelli on matchdays, fussing with their excuses and unable to muster the energy to get to Y Parc is so disheartening; our own fans can't be arsed - how can we possibly change that?

Gutted to see these numbers. Really gutted. Essentially, to bridge the gap we need to double our season ticket sales to 12,000 sold @ £250 a go.

That's the gulf we face. Doubling our matchday attendance to breakeven. Bleak. Not a pound of profit in sight...

Then there's the TV deal. The lack of commercial clout of the Pro12 is killing us. The Italians? I know its 'beggar they neighbour', but Christ we can't afford them. We've got Guinness and Sky and its still a deal worse than the English had 10 years ago! How?! The Unions meddling and keeping their fingers in the pie is a big part. Thank Christ we stood up to the WRU last year on future negotiation of TV rights.

A B&I league might be the only way to solve the two principle issues: fans and TV revenue. Bring Bath and Leicester down here every week and we'll see things change. But how long can we wait for that?

To be honest I haven't seen any serious indications that the English clubs are interested in extending their product down the M4. Their intention seems to be to expand & to ringfence the Aviva. Even during the ECC discussions, when they wanted to lull us into signing our own suicide note, they were decidedly vague & non-committal. Speaking with English rugby fans where I live they seem very happy with the structure as it stands & aren't really interested in the prospect of away weekends in Dublin, Swansea, or Glasgow, except for European games. I can't say that I blame them, it's very much like our own attitude towards the Italians.

Neither am I convinced that welcoming Sarries, Leicester, Bath etc woud be the magic bullet to solve our worsening attendances. Munster & Leinster are bigger names with bigger travelling support than Sarries, Exeter, Sale etc, and they already visit every season as it stands, & we don't fill the ground for European matches anyway, even with the novelty factor that rarity offers. In spite of this a B&I league might help & I'd be interested in seeing it were it to happen. It just seems vanishingly unlikely to me.

Attendances seem to be on the increase at the Liberty, CAP & Rodney Parade. They've all published results which are far far more positive than ours, so I don't think that this mess can all be laid at the door of Roger Lewis. I see why we would press the WRU for more central funding, and I'm not his greatest fan but on this matter, to look at our accounts I can rather understand his reticence to pour more water into a leaky bucket.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:43am

Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

The other Regions do don't they?

I also know with other businesses that they work up to a year behind.

Because it happens sometimes it doesn't make it standard, if you've got positive results or shareholders baying for results you get them out as quickly as possible.

I'd guess we delay ours as it reduces fear amongst sponsors, supporters, players etc. which is understandable.

I don't want to be negative though so I'll say nothing further.
TekVues View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TekVues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:56am
Did anyone from the forum attend the AGM back in march? Apparently Darran Phillips gave an overview of the current financial situation. I would be amazed and slightly worried if this loss wasn't mentioned.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:11am
"The Scarlets spent almost six per cent more on wages and salaries in the latest set of accounts at just under £6 million and the number of employees on the books rose significantly from 162 to 210 between 2013 and 2014"
At first reading the huge increase in staffing was a shock but if the wage bill only increased by 6% in that period it must be down to part time/match day staff being taken in house. Surely?
Other than that I think it's understandable and doesn't include new TV deal, agreement with WRU or dual contracts. Loans to be taken out to cover the WRU impasse.
Bearing that in mind there can't now be any excuse for an improvement in 2014/15 figures
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:42am
We are deep in debt which is no surprise to anyone and yet people on here want us to sign Rokocoko and the like. Reality check we need to cut costs or we are doomed to insolvency.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:04am
Question;- Do the Ospreys have any upkeep costa for the Liberty/
Question:- Do the Blues have any upkeep costs for the Arms Park?

The point I am trying to make is that no two Regions have the same operating profile. You cannot compare one with the other as the playing fields of the four Regions are totally unlevel.

I believe the cost of running Y Parc is crippling the playing side of the Scarlets. We really need the stadium to be owned by someone else and for the Scarlets to become tenants. How much rent do the Ospreys pay for using the Liberty? Any at all?
Keep the faith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:08am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Question;- Do the Ospreys have any upkeep costa for the Liberty/
Question:- Do the Blues have any upkeep costs for the Arms Park?

The point I am trying to make is that no two Regions have the same operating profile. You cannot compare one with the other as the playing fields of the four Regions are totally unlevel.

I believe the cost of running Y Parc is crippling the playing side of the Scarlets. We really need the stadium to be owned by someone else and for the Scarlets to become tenants. How much rent do the Ospreys pay for using the Liberty? Any at all?

the ashtrays and us both have a long term lease on the stadiums don't we?

I'm sure both the libaray and the parc are council owned?

I think cardiff own the CAP tbh
Tumblescarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumblescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:13am
Originally posted by TekVues TekVues wrote:

Did anyone from the forum attend the AGM back in march? Apparently Darran Phillips gave an overview of the current financial situation. I would be amazed and slightly worried if this loss wasn't mentioned.

It was and the minutes were released on to here.
Wales only true rugby region.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumblescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

We are deep in debt which is no surprise to anyone and yet people on here want us to sign Rokocoko and the like. Reality check we need to cut costs or we are doomed to insolvency.

Perhaps finally the penny will drop with some on here, though I doubt it there are a few on here on cloud cuckoo land.

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Tumblescarlet Tumblescarlet wrote:

I didn't see anywhere here us losing over £1.7 million in that financial year if i'm honest

the financial year ends this weekend, lets hope the board come out and post positive figures asap

will help reassure people over our financial future

Edited by RR1972 - 30 May 2015 at 11:23am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumblescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:26am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I didn't see anywhere hear us losing over £1.7 million in that financial year if i'm honest

They did say the figures weren't good but that things were better now. As for ownership of Parc y Scarlets , really don't understand why people still get confused by this, the council own the land and the Scarlets own the stadium and facilities albeit on a 150 yr leasehold, which in the eyes of the law mean it belongs to the club .
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:29am

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I didn't see anywhere hear us losing over £1.7 million in that financial year if i'm honest

They did say the figures weren't good but that things were better now. As for ownership of Parc y Scarlets , really don't understand why people still get confused by this, the council own the land and the Scarlets own the stadium and facilities albeit on a 150 yr leasehold, which in the eyes of the law mean it belongs to the club .

Wasn;t part of the move to generate more income from the new stadium? the last 2 years published accounts show a loss of £2.5 million, suggesting we need to do far more with the stadium as others have suggested,

what events are we hosting there during the off season this year?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumblescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:29am
What amazes me on this forum is not that people don't go to the Crys 16 or Scarlets AGM but although the minutes are released onto this forum the amount of people on here who know very little of the financial situation of the club?. It makes me wonder what is the point of Crys 16 ?, these bouts put themselves out for the normal fan yet a lot on here take not a blind bit of notice what they report back ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 22>
  Share Topic