Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > BAZ LEWIS' SCARLET FEVER GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Players' Nicknames

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Not so mad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote The Mad Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Players' Nicknames
    Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:09pm
i have been thinking after jake ball was called jake ballsack that all our players should have nick names this could be great merchundising and promoting for the scarlets club, when each player scores there could be a uniqque noise that goes round park y scarlets, players could have nick names on their backs instead of their real names, and the club shop could sell merchundise like tee shirts with players nick names, think through history at all the great nick names everyone knows who iron mike is, everyone knows who the brownville bomber is everybody knows who the lester lip is, even tiger tim, what about these

liam williams becomes L i am like will i am the popstar, sound when he scores could be party every day by black eye peas

christian philips becomes the screwdriver who scores tries like screwing in nails, sound of screwdriver when he scores

scott williams could become great scott, sound of doc brown from back to the future shouting great scott when he scores

regan king becomes the king, the sound of a royal fanfare when he scores, fans could even wear crowns in the ground

harry robinson could become harry carpenter, sound of frank bruno saying know what i mean harry when he scores

rhys could become the priest, sound of church bells when he scores, fans could wear priest collars to games i am a religous man it would not offend me

gareth davies could become gareth the great, sound of oh that fellow edwards by cliff morgan when he scores

rory pitman could become the miner, sound of miners digging for coal in the pits when he scores, this has a welsh link because of all the mines there used to be one in trimsaran where the horses race now

john barclay could become the banker, sound of money and tills when he scores barclays is a bank

rob mccusker could become rob the gog, sound of someone with a gog accent saying great try rob when he scores

george earle could become the earl, sound of the earl of kent saying do you like being a ballboy at wimbledon when he scores, link to jake ball as well

jake ball could become bouncing ball, sound of bouncing ball when he scores

samson lee could become jeans man because of lee jeans, sound of cowboys who wear jeans shouting yee ha when he scores

ken owens could become crafty ken like ken dohurty the snooker player, irish accent saying 147 when he scores

phil john likes fishing he could be called fisher and the noise could be a fisherman reeling in a nice shark when he scores

some of these are good some are not, its just an idea to make the most of what hapened to jake ball and make money and fans out of it, it could work kids would love it

i just see that i am now senior member thank you to the moderaters you are nice men with good souls

Edited by The Mad Monk - 13 November 2014 at 9:14pm
please sign my partition for shingler on wing http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/shingler-on-the-wing
Sponsored Links

Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:21pm
A few of our players before had nicknames which would be announced, such as:

Josh 'the termite' Turnbull
Ben 'the missile' Morgan
Ken 'the sherif' Owens
Phil 'The Fisherman' John
Pete 'the meat' Edwards
And We Were Singing...
The Mad Monk View Drop Down
Not so mad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:26pm
good evening lwlew yes good thinking but we should have branded tee shirts and noises like missiles and a sherriff when they score, sheriff noise could be western movie man saying there's only one sherrif in town and then sound of gun shots 
please sign my partition for shingler on wing http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/shingler-on-the-wing
scarletbunyip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletbunyip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:57pm
I think that was terminator... Disrespect! How about roar like a lion when Rory scores? And if cub scores we could change the words of foxy lady to foxy junior?! Du du duuuu, du du duuuu, foxy... Junior!
Just drinking...
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:07pm
This is insane. Brilliant thread, but utterly (Michael Jackson's) Off The Wall bonkers.

Fair play, Monk.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:24pm
One of the players called Rhodri Jones "cow" on twitter this week. I laughed for what literally seemed like minutes. I hope that is his nickname. Or his middle name.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:24pm
I actully quite like it!!

Fab idea!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:29pm
"a fisherman reeling in a nice shark"? I'm sorry, I'd need to hear that clip before I back that one.

Edited by PearlJam - 13 November 2014 at 10:30pm
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:43pm
Liam's nickname is Sanjay after the Eastenders character Sanjay, Eastenders end theme with the drums when he scores

Aled Davies could be nicknamed Aled Jones after the 80s Welsh singer Aled Jones. Snowman song to play when he scores.

Steve Shingler could be nicknamed Gerrard after the Liverpool football player Steven Gerrard. Voice with liverpudlian accent saying "I've never won the Premiership" when he scores.

Edited by minded - 13 November 2014 at 10:59pm
The Mad Monk View Drop Down
Not so mad.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Mad Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:48pm
I like all of you're thinking this idea could work can someone let the club know????moo noise for Rhodri jones I like it I could bring my cow bell as well, steward told me to put it away in ospreys game a while ago, I did not like it I am a fan not a bad man. Richard kelly could be r kelly, I believe I can fly could come on when he scores, print nick names on t shirts and get phone apps with sounds for their tries sell them on Apple store and Google anderoid shop, do not let people stop your ideas keep them coming you are clever men you're minds are your best weapons, express yourselves let your imagination run wild, club needs money and ideas
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 11:05pm
Best thread ever this. When george earl scores, I think we should have King Jaffe Joffer saying "Do not alert him to my presence. I will deal with him myself" over the sound system

Edited by rap columbo - 13 November 2014 at 11:07pm
OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 11:22pm
Scarlet Fever is always better with the MM on the forum. Welcome back ye prophet of Scarlets common sense. Always welcome.

(Genuinely some people one here would actually love these ideas to be implemented which actually makes him not that mad and actually just a monk)
"Er gwaetha pob Dic SiƓn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 12:12am
Words fail me....

But this thread could have more mileage than Haydns conservatory one.

Jordan Williams - I believe I can fly

Chris Halafulalialolalamaloola - I am the invisible man (Queen)

Aaron Shingler - The sound of jet engines to show his speed on the wing

This monk fella is something special... He's not mad at all, he's a genius!!!! 
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 5:40am
Originally posted by The Mad Monk The Mad Monk wrote:

i have been thinking after jake ball was called jake ballsack that all our players should have nick names this could be great merchundising and promoting for the scarlets club, when each player scores there could be a uniqque noise that goes round park y scarlets, players could have nick names on their backs instead of their real names, and the club shop could sell merchundise like tee shirts with players nick names, think through history at all the great nick names everyone knows who iron mike is, everyone knows who the brownville bomber is everybody knows who the lester lip is, even tiger tim, what about these

liam williams becomes L i am like will i am the popstar, sound when he scores could be party every day by black eye peas

christian philips becomes the screwdriver who scores tries like screwing in nails, sound of screwdriver when he scores

scott williams could become great scott, sound of doc brown from back to the future shouting great scott when he scores

regan king becomes the king, the sound of a royal fanfare when he scores, fans could even wear crowns in the ground

harry robinson could become harry carpenter, sound of frank bruno saying know what i mean harry when he scores

rhys could become the priest, sound of church bells when he scores, fans could wear priest collars to games i am a religous man it would not offend me

gareth davies could become gareth the great, sound of oh that fellow edwards by cliff morgan when he scores

rory pitman could become the miner, sound of miners digging for coal in the pits when he scores, this has a welsh link because of all the mines there used to be one in trimsaran where the horses race now

john barclay could become the banker, sound of money and tills when he scores barclays is a bank

rob mccusker could become rob the gog, sound of someone with a gog accent saying great try rob when he scores

george earle could become the earl, sound of the earl of kent saying do you like being a ballboy at wimbledon when he scores, link to jake ball as well

jake ball could become bouncing ball, sound of bouncing ball when he scores

samson lee could become jeans man because of lee jeans, sound of cowboys who wear jeans shouting yee ha when he scores

ken owens could become crafty ken like ken dohurty the snooker player, irish accent saying 147 when he scores

phil john likes fishing he could be called fisher and the noise could be a fisherman reeling in a nice shark when he scores

some of these are good some are not, its just an idea to make the most of what hapened to jake ball and make money and fans out of it, it could work kids would love it

i just see that i am now senior member thank you to the moderaters you are nice men with good souls

aaron shingle-w.i.nger
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 7:03am
This is class but Monk you are so wrong about George Earle, he is clearly "the Duke" and his tries should be heralded with the classic Duke of Earle.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2014 at 8:24am
Rory the racing car.
I shot the sherif.
Sanjay could have banana man with his legs.
Samson should have a recorded version of us singing we all dream of a team of Samson lee's.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic