Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby Champions Cup confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Unaccountability. Whether it be organisational or in the media.

Very sad.

aye, good point. the western mail and bbc wales are very pro wru, so joe bloggs probably thinks everything is rosy. its appalling that a publicly funded organisation such as the bbc is so biased.

This is the bit that has shocked me. I have always been a huge fan of the BBC, it doesn't always get things right
but I trusted its independence. Yet BBC Wales has shown appalling bias tantamount to corruption in my opinion.

I take it that you don't think that the BBC is biased in its political coverage then?

Edited by omri jones - 18 April 2014 at 11:00am
Sponsored Links

solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 11:29am
No
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 11:37am
The BBC at the top is as bad as the WRU run by what we in the 80's used to call the loonie left
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Great post Tondu

thanks.

i don't know how he can be so two-faced.

and i dont know how he gets away with it.

i believe he is supposed to report to the chairman and the board but he seems to be calling the shots.

but when you hear that 10 of the board members have been on the board for 12 years, and 5 of them have been on the board for 19 years, i suppose its not surprising.

its a real embarrassing, sad state of affairs.

Not forgetting that Roger was appointed Group CEO in 2006, so is in his 8th year.
In Pivac we trust
Albert View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 8:19pm
[QUOTE=Why]The BBC at the top is as bad as the WRU run by what we in the 80's used to call the loonie left [/QUOTE

By this, I take it that you believe that the BBC - "at the top", whatever you mean by that is run by left leaning loonies.
For our edification, please elaborate. 
It's a thinking man's game
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

[QUOTE=Why]The BBC at the top is as bad as the WRU run by what we in the 80's used to call the loonie left [/QUOTE

By this, I take it that you believe that the BBC - "at the top", whatever you mean by that is run by left leaning loonies.

the bbc is very left leaning
Albert View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2014 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

[QUOTE=Albert] [QUOTE=Why]The BBC at the top is as bad as the WRU run by what we in the 80's used to call the loonie left [/QUOTE

the bbc is very left leaning[/QUOTE

Really?   At the very least this is a hugely debatable point, not some so called fact to be bandied about like today's price of petrol in the local supermarket.  
Why do you think this?  What prompts this response?  Detailed forensic observations or are you persuaded  by something that you may have read?

By the way, before anyone else jumps in on this, I have been distinctly unimpressed by BBC Wales' Sports and News and Current Affairs departments reporting of the WRU/Regions stand off over the last 6/!2 months. At times, depending on the circumstances, it has been very unbalanced and bordering on being prejudicial.  At at other times it has been embarrassingly supine and sometimes it has been deafeningly silent.  Very rarely has it been disinterested
So by all means let's criticize BBC Wales for it's failure to demonstrate clearly it's impartiality and it's failure to report fully, clearly and honestly all the developments in one  of the most defining crises in Welsh rugby. 

Fine, no problem.  However, comments such as above, which, no doubt,  some may believe to be received wisdom, are best described as simple.
It's a thinking man's game
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2014 at 6:55am

[QUOTE=Albert] [QUOTE=Why]The BBC at the top is as bad as the WRU run by what we in the 80's used to call the loonie left [/QUOTE

Really?   At the very least this is a hugely debatable point, not some so called fact to be bandied about like today's price of petrol in the local supermarket.  
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Why do you think this?  What prompts this response?  Detailed forensic observations or are you persuaded  by something that you may have read?</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">By the way, before anyone else jumps in on this, I have been distinctly unimpressed by BBC Wales' Sports and News and Current Affairs departments reporting of the WRU/Regions stand off over the last 6/!2 months. At times, depending on the circumstances, it has been very unbalanced and bordering on being prejudicial.  At at other times it has been embarrassingly supine and sometimes it has been deafeningly silent.  Very rarely has it been disinterested</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">So by all means let's criticize BBC Wales for it's failure to demonstrate clearly it's impartiality and it's failure to report fully, clearly and honestly all the developments in one  of the most defining crises in Welsh rugby. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Fine, no problem.  However, comments such as above, which, no doubt,  some may believe to be received wisdom, are best described as simple.</span>

They might be simple but when you watch programmes like the news panorama and news night then it is easy to come to that conclusion. Just my opinion of course obviously people may see it a different way.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2014 at 10:46am

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Why do you think this?  What prompts this response?  Detailed forensic observations or are you persuaded  by something that you may have read?</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">By the way, before anyone else jumps in on this, I have been distinctly unimpressed by BBC Wales' Sports and News and Current Affairs departments reporting of the WRU/Regions stand off over the last 6/!2 months. At times, depending on the circumstances, it has been very unbalanced and bordering on being prejudicial.  At at other times it has been embarrassingly supine and sometimes it has been deafeningly silent.  Very rarely has it been disinterested</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">So by all means let's criticize BBC Wales for it's failure to demonstrate clearly it's impartiality and it's failure to report fully, clearly and honestly all the developments in one  of the most defining crises in Welsh rugby. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Fine, no problem.  However, comments such as above, which, no doubt,  some may believe to be received wisdom, are best described as simple.</span>

Excellent post I agree with all of that.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic