Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 200>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2017 at 12:27pm
Pity, would in my personal rugby model,have liked a smattering of experienced old heads in eg the Rfc team and not just Adam Powell to build a framework for the team to bring on youngsters .Understandably ,it t comes down to money and the need still exists for players like Pete and indeed Bearman to a living. The Pdc is not a level playing field as we all know. Rfc got a friendly v Aberavon today. Bet we win 😉

Edited by reesytheexile - 04 March 2017 at 12:29pm
Sponsored Links

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 11:13am
Zane Kirchener signs for the Dragons.

Edited by SospanMawr - 07 March 2017 at 11:13am
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 11:28am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Zane Kirchener signs for the Dragons.
Big money? WRU funded as co owners promoting "local" talent? Wink
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 11:39am
Fantastic signing.

All they need now is some props, a second row and a pair of half backs, and they will make Gwent proud.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 11:50am
I would say the Dragons' biggest need is competent coaching staff. The young talent being wasted there is atrocious the likes of Leon Brown, Elliot Dee, Ollie Griffiths, Harri Keddie, Jack Dixon, Tyler Morgan, Ashton Hewitt, Hallam Amos are all better off elsewhere.

Edited by SospanMawr - 07 March 2017 at 11:50am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 11:51am

I would say the Dragons' biggest need is competent coaching staff. The young talent being wasted there is atrocious the likes of Leon Brown, Elliot Dee, Ollie Griffiths, Harri Keddie, Jack Dixon, Tyler Morgan, Ashton Hewitt, Hallam Amos are all better off elsewhere.

Would happily see Scarlets acquire Brown, Keddie, Hewitt & Amos. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Would happily see Scarlets acquire Brown, Keddie, Hewitt & Amos. 

They do need a coaching staff as all mentioned above need to enhance their development. 

Faletau stalled there...

I have no idea what their contractual status are but if we signed the following, I'd be pleased:
Leon Brown - would benefit playing / training with the likes of Rob Evs / Ken / Samson etc. 
Harri Keddie - Would learn so much from Barclay. 
Tyler Morgan - Needs to work on his defence. I think playing alongside either Scott/Foxy/Parkes would benefit him hugely. 
Hal Amos - With Liam departing, would have been a decent incoming player. I think he has just re-signed with Dragons though.

They have a decent side. Turner gave the Dragons a bit of "us against the world" type attitude in their performance...since he left, I dont think there's been much fight in them as a team.

najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 3:04pm
The funny thing is that the Dragons actually have MORE Welsh Premiership teams in their catchment than the other regions do - Bargoed, Bedwas, Cross Keys, Ebbw Vale, Newport - plus Pontypool which is a quasi-Premiership side too, yet they import lots of second-rate South Africans and have been the lowest-achieving Welsh region almost every season since regional rugby's inception.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 3:28pm
Gents I know they have a lot of promising players but without the ball what can they do, young forwards they are.

Look at Will, Cubby, Elias etc all done their apprenticeship in the same league as the Dragons, but not had the opportunity of playing with good experienced players, such as Samson, Ken, Rob Jake Shingler Barclay etc.

Their first choice players are other back up players, so why go for an outside back, it would be like us getting another scrum half.

Kingsley is a good coach, and one I would have liked at the Scarlets before Wayne came, so he can only work with what he's got.

Strength the squad and then if he fails criticise him.

For the good of Welsh rugby we need 4 regions, and all players playing in Wales, and I honestly do not like the thought of us being vultures hoping we pick up good players from the Dragons because they are poor.

I don't criticise any one here honest, it's just the way I am, we are getting weak at the moment in choice of players, you can see from the squad. Where are the next centres, No 8, tight heads, coming from?

We need to choose from strength and at the moment we have 2 sides to choose from not looking good.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Gents I know they have a lot of promising players but without the ball what can they do, young forwards they are.

Look at Will, Cubby, Elias etc all done their apprenticeship in the same league as the Dragons, but not had the opportunity of playing with good experienced players, such as Samson, Ken, Rob Jake Shingler Barclay etc.

Their first choice players are other back up players, so why go for an outside back, it would be like us getting another scrum half.

Kingsley is a good coach, and one I would have liked at the Scarlets before Wayne came, so he can only work with what he's got.

Strength the squad and then if he fails criticise him.

For the good of Welsh rugby we need 4 regions, and all players playing in Wales, and I honestly do not like the thought of us being vultures hoping we pick up good players from the Dragons because they are poor.

I don't criticise any one here honest, it's just the way I am, we are getting weak at the moment in choice of players, you can see from the squad. Where are the next centres, No 8, tight heads, coming from?

We need to choose from strength and at the moment we have 2 sides to choose from not looking good.

Many people like Kingsley but he was hardly pulling up trees when he had a fair budget at Sale. 

At Dragons, its true he can only work with what he has. But think back to when Nigel Davies was coach. 
We also had a VERY young side. They matured nicely. 
Fact of the matter is, for whatever reason, good prospects at the dragons never really kick on to the next level. 
Is that down to the individual? maybe. but it happens way too often for that to be the answer. Coaching is what must be looked at. 
Kirchner is a very good signing for them...i do however wonder how much over the odds they have paid to land him. Their recruitment is spending over the odds on players that rarely delivers. 

Look at the players who they have either ignored / let go / or kicked on elsewhere: 
Gareth Maul. 
Jonny Evans. 
Lewis Rawlins. 
Jack Condy (ok not kicked on with us, but never looked at by the Dragons which is why Stoddart contacted Gareth Jenkins).
Ben Flower. 

Those are just off the top of my head. 

They ignore a huge player base. They recruit poorly. the coaches do not get the best out of the players. 
With the WRU takeover, its going to be curtains for them...One region being taken over having a huge redevelopment...the other doesnt own a ground. 

North Wales will then be the 4th region with Cardiff taking in the East. If that happens, i wonder how the players will be distributed...

Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2017 at 8:59pm
That atrocious pitch is their biggest downfall
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:19pm
Jamie Roberts rumoured for a return to the Blues in today's Rugby Paper.

I was wondering what they'd do with the money set aside for Halfpenny. Well here might be the answer.

If Rob Evans doesn't get a NDC and Roberts does then that is a complete and utter joke!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 7:41pm
Tom Francis looking to the blues on a NDC. Not sure it's a great move for him tbh?
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Tom Francis looking to the blues on a NDC. Not sure it's a great move for him tbh?

Gets him into Wales, and full access to Peter's pies..Smile.

Even the WRU can't give the O's any more NDC's.
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2017 at 8:01pm
Once the Scarlets improve their second row, they would be the most complete package of the Welsh regions IMO. I have said for ages that the Scarlets second string is actually better than the Ospreys section string, and this weekend confirmed it in a rather perverse and brutal way - both teams rested key players when playing against 'minnows', but the Scarlets were the ones who came out well from it. My theory is that the Ospreys to a very large extent rely on their older internationals for any degree of success, whereas the Scarlets internationals don't seem to be quite so dominant, and younger and less experienced players are given more opportunities instead.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 4:29pm
Tom price,jake,bulbring and beirne is a pretty strong group in my eyes tbh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 200>
  Share Topic