Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > BAZ LEWIS' SCARLET FEVER GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scotch Eggs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 66>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Mentioned this before, but I prefer a really good scotch egg.

You, Sir, are mental.

Back to the topic (despite OaM trying his hardest to derail things), yes Jar, you are the first person to mention pies or pie related events on this forum.

I've not come across or contributed to a thread with such contents anyway. Not since my memory loss kicked-in anyway.

If you don't mind, I resemble that remark.

And for your information, catch an eyefull of this:

Bloody luvly mun!
#George
Sponsored Links

A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 9:15pm

Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Mentioned this before, but I prefer a really good scotch egg.

You, Sir, are mental.

Back to the topic (despite OaM trying his hardest to derail things), yes Jar, you are the first person to mention pies or pie related events on this forum.

I've not come across or contributed to a thread with such contents anyway. Not since my memory loss kicked-in anyway.

If you don't mind, I resemble that remark.

And for your information, catch an eyefull of this:

Bloody luvly mun!

Ladies and Gentleman i give you a once great man who has lost the plot, a bloody Scotch Egg over a Pie, i call a halftime EGM to sort out this heinous crime Angry
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 9:34pm
Im alergic to eggs(except chocolate ones)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 9:45pm
Chicken balti pies are the pinnacle of pieworld, though I haven't seen them in Morrisons lately. However, Dick Barton's over Mumbles do them and they're efin' lovely mun, I shall be taking a trip to Mumbles next week with my girls, and will be giving the legendary Barton's my customApprove
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

tell you what I really miss living in cornwall is Rissoles and Faggots.. also in chip shops down here, they just can't do gravy properly.. 
You want to try Chris Old's chip shop and restaurant at Praa Sands.  Pies, Pasties, the lot.  And his Mrs makes a wicked carrot cake.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

Originally posted by scarlet_rob scarlet_rob wrote:

We can investigate this in Glasgow, but Pies definitely shouldn't be deep fried!!

Are we going to sample a deep fried mars bar whilst we are in Weggie Land?, be rude not to i think. I nominate Chips to try one with a pint of Buckfast.

You don't need to go to Scotchland to sample a deep fried Mars Bar. I saw them for sale on Sunday in The West End Cafe in Carmarthen.
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 8:42am

Hacked off with posters hijacking a pie thread and going off on Scotch egg and mars bar tangents. Carrot cake has been mentioned even. How does that help?

It's either a pie thread or it isn't. Very poor.

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Hacked off with posters hijacking a pie thread and going off on Scotch egg and mars bar tangents. Carrot cake has been mentioned even. How does that help?

Chicken and Mushroom is still the best, steak and ale with no grissle is pretty damn good.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Crug Mawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 10:22am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Chicken and Mushroom is still the best, steak and ale with no grissle is pretty damn good.

Outstanding Chicken & Mushroom pies at the Memorial Ground (if Llanelli get Bristol in the B&I), but the locals are a bit pasty obsessed and overlook them.
'Some players act hard. Delme just was. His presence could lift any side.'

JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 11:34am
ooh, a nice steak Pie would go down a treat now.

My stomach is telling me its close to dinner time
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 12:22pm

I will stand before you on saturday Sir, and proudly uphold the very highest standards of the Mid Wales Scotch Egg lobby.

In eggs we trustBig smile

#George
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 12:48pm
...said Edwina Currie...
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 1:33pm
Curried eggs, now you are talking. Have a look at the Mumbai oneThumbs Up
#George
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 1:55pm
Ych a fi mun.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 2:04pm
How was the Hot Dog Mr C?, did you get any winwns with it?
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 2:36pm
Hugely disappointing...no winwns in sight. And the bread stuck to the inside of the foil on the rapper.
Basically it was just a sausage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 66>
  Share Topic