Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Borders match - Hewett to start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for Borders match - Hewett to start
    Posted: 15 December 2004 at 3:34pm

15. Garan EVANS ( C )
14. Aisea HAVILI
13. Matthew WATKINS;
12. Salesi FINAU
11. Tal SELLEY
10. Gareth BOWEN
9.  Mike PHILLIPS

1. Phil JOHN
2. Robin McBRYDE
3. Dave HEWETT
4. Vernon COOPER
5. Adam JONES;
6. Chris WYATT
7. Jonathan MILLS
8. Dafydd JONES

Replacements
16. John DAVIES
17. Matthew REES
18. Bryn GRIFFITHS
19. Aled GRAVELLE
20. Dwayne PEEL
21. Arwel THOMAS
22. Barry DAVIES

Sponsored Links

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 3:38pm
We're short in the back row. I'm guessing Gravelle is covering there.

Edited by yedarts
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 3:49pm
I guess so yeah. strange  what's wrong with gav thomas then? thought we had plenty of back row cover?
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 4:02pm

Look - Arwel's back!

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 4:14pm

Originally posted by beanboy beanboy wrote:

I guess so yeah. strange  what's wrong with gav thomas then? thought we had plenty of back row cover?

According to the Scarlets site there are six players unavailable to the back row

See Here

Born-and-Bred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Born-and-Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 4:23pm
I was cringing on Sunday as Arwel made his appearance off the bench towards the end, when the game had been won may I add. How many of us felt like jeering, but applauded gently!!
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 4:38pm

Surely this would be the right time to bring Ioan cunningham through the ranks. This in my opinion is one of Gareths major failings.

why play someone who is not used to playing in that position Aled Gravelle (i know he started his rugby career in the back row, but the difference in rules etc, means he is vulernable to making mistakes which could cost us penalties), when you have a competent back rower playing in the semi-pro's who i think could make the step up, especially against the worst team in the league....

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 4:39pm

Originally posted by Born-and-Bred Born-and-Bred wrote:

I was cringing on Sunday as Arwel made his appearance off the bench towards the end, when the game had been won may I add. How many of us felt like jeering, but applauded gently!!

Now if I had said that about Bowen there'd be loads of posts baying for my blood

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
sexyscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

Originally posted by beanboy beanboy wrote:

According to the Scarlets site there are six players unavailable to the back row

See Here

I heard that gavin t has hurt his ribs, its a bit of a kick in the backsid for gav quinnell if a hooker is covering the back row instead of him what do you all think
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:05pm
Still no sign of Andy Powell then. I thought his injury was described as needing 2-3 recovery time. I expected him to be back for this one.
Keith Bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Surely this would be the right time to bring Ioan cunningham through the ranks.

Only seen him three times ,  but impressed on all three occasions.  Excellent prospect

Dim ond ffwl sydd yn gofyn
Pam fod eira yn wyn
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:14pm
Pardon my ignorance but are Iestyn Thomas and Mark Taylor injured?
Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Surely this would be the right time to bring Ioan cunningham through the ranks. This in my opinion is one of Gareths major failings.

My thoughts exactly,

commissioner View Drop Down
Octopus Bust Hands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commissioner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:36pm
Scarlets v Borders (Fri)
CELTIC LEAGUE

Stradey Park, Llanelli
Friday, 17 December
Kick-off: 1905 GMT

All Blacks prop Dave Hewett is set to make his Scarlets debut in Friday's Celtic League game with the Borders.

The 33-year-old joined last month, but was ineligible for the Heineken Cup.

The Llanelli side's depleted back-row resources have been further strained as Dave Hodges is ruled out following a collision with Kenny Logan last week.

Captain Simon Easterby (ribs), Scott Quinnell (knee) and Andy Powell (ankle) are also injured, whilst another back-row man, Ian Boobyer, is suspended.

LAST LEAGUE MEETING
3 September:
Young flanker Jonathan Mills, who is not in the Heineken Cup squad, is likely to return to the side.

Lock Chris Wyatt covered the back row when Hodges was injured against Glasgow.

bbc.co.uk

Edited by Chesswithdeath
Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by Born-and-Bred Born-and-Bred wrote:

Warming up in front of the Pwllend wasnt a very good move mind you.

Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:45pm
Says nothing about Gavin Thomas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic