Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Euro play-off thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 12:34pm
If we were half organised like football teams are it could be a match to debut a new jersey. Get the pre orders in and make a commercial success of this.
Sponsored Links

Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

If we were half organised like football teams are it could be a match to debut a new jersey. Get the pre orders in and make a commercial success of this.

Don’t be giving out good ideas mate we prefer an organised mess
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Would it be insane to suggest that the best way of resolving this would have been to have both teams play the playoff this weekend with the winner taking the 7th slot and loser taking the 8th slot should it become available? Maybe change the rules for next season.

All done and dusted today.Smile

Such an obvious call.
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Would it be insane to suggest that the best way of resolving this would have been to have both teams play the playoff this weekend with the winner taking the 7th slot and loser taking the 8th slot should it become available? Maybe change the rules for next season.

All done and dusted today.Smile

Spot on. The play off is to decide which 4th placed teams is best/ deserves HCup rugby. So why play the 4th vs 5th when the other 4th best team bypasses the play off system
Scarlets am Byth
mr geraint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr geraint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 7:00am
Because there’s an agreement with broadcasters to put on a play-off game?
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 9:41am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Dont think this years sponsors would be too happy not showing their logos on most probably the biggest game of the season.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 1:19pm
We should in no way play against Cardiff that’s a joke if that happens, unless it’s in the contract that a playoff game has to be played then just play the o’s now anyway and get it done with. If it ends up end of the month it’s a total [beep]ing joke
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 1:25pm
This is really disappointing, I thought it was western mail conjecture but it seems that should Leinster win
The Ospreys and the Blues who have not had to play Leinster twice and got a gift of 10 points off Zebre both have an advantage over us, who finished 4th in our conference.

Even though we've played different teams to the Ospreys, they get auto qualification and the Blues, who finished 5th, yes 5th get home advantage because they are so good and earned it.

I really hope a different league get the extra spot, the way I feel about this I don't think I'll ever watch another Pro14 game or whatever they'll call themselves by then.

This is an absolute farce.

Come on Saracens.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:26pm
Bath beat Wasps today to move into 6th place & above Sale.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:33pm
Sale look the weak link to me. They needed to win this weekend (drew).

They need to beat an (in form) Gloucester in the last game ( and hope Quins beat Wasps at the Ricoh and that Leicester beat Bath at Welford Rd).

All a bit unlikely in my view.

Edited by Wil Chips - 05 May 2019 at 5:35pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Sale look the weak link to me. They needed to win this weekend (drew).

They need to beat an (in form) Gloucester in the last game ( and hope Quins beat Wasps at the Ricoh and that Leicester beat Bath at Welford Rd).

All a bit unlikely in my view.

I’d rather Sale qualify (by missing out in the top 6) than us play the Blues.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:10pm
Making up the rules as they go. Mind you, if we finished fifth with more points than a fourth placed Blues and played at home we wouldn’t complain.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 12:18am
I would
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 6:57am
So what is happening I'm so confused
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 1:53pm
They’ve gone by league points in a nutshell. It’s what they base the play offs on so I suppose that’s the case they’d put forward and unfortunately the case holds water. The Ospreys would go through based on their higher points, they’d have a home draw because of higher points against us if we had them in a play off. Instead the Blues would be home as they are next with higher points.

The rules state there is a play off. That’s what will happen if the Ospreys go through.

Technically they’ve abided by the rules based on points. They did it last season too. The play offs went on points regarding home and away. They abided by the same European cup rules as last year. The eff up is that there’s conferences.

Worst thing to happen to the league and that’s the thing. It’s recognised as a league. Not conferences and leagues go on points regardless of what teams they play and if it’s fair. Next season it’ll be different based on finishing positions this season.

Edited by SA14 - 06 May 2019 at 2:03pm
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 3:24pm
[QUOTE=SA14] They’ve gone by league points in a nutshell. It’s what they base the play offs on so I suppose that’s the case they’d put forward and unfortunately the case holds water. The Ospreys would go through based on their higher points, they’d have a home draw because of higher points against us if we had them in a play off. Instead the Blues would be home as they are next with higher points.

The rules state there is a play off. That’s what will happen if the Ospreys go through.

Technically they’ve abided by the rules based on points. They did it last season too. The play offs went on points regarding home and away. They abided by the same European cup rules as last year. The eff up is that there’s conferences.

Worst thing to happen to the league and that’s the thing. It’s recognised as a league. Not conferences and leagues go on points regardless of what teams they play and if it’s fair. Next season it’ll be different based on finishing positions this season. [/QUOT

If that's the case, Ospreys should be playing the Blues in the playoff as we are below both of them pointswise.🤔
Keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic