Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dragons extra money

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dragons extra money
    Posted: 30 June 2019 at 3:35pm
According to the Rugby Paper ,the dragons are going to receive extra funding from the WRU, no mention of the other 3 though
If it bleeds we can can kill it
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

According to the Rugby Paper ,the dragons are going to receive extra funding from the WRU, no mention of the other 3 though
Worth noting this was agreed by the PRB which includes the other three regions 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 8:59am
True doesn't mean they were happy about it though 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 9:24am
Overall the 4 regions are going to be pretty well stocked all round and I just hope we get our act together this season. The loss and the manner of loss v Dragons who outplayed us, was particularly depressing to me. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 10:19am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Overall the 4 regions are going to be pretty well stocked all round and I just hope we get our act together this season. The loss and the manner of loss v Dragons who outplayed us, was particularly depressing to me. 
Yes, a particularly painful chord struck with that performance.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I agree with you both on that one. If we are being honest though that performance has been coming all season. We have been constantly fighting to secure our own possession & only so many times can you get yourselves out of the mire. 

Compared with some teams - Edinburgh being one our recruitment has been pretty low key; we are correctly in my opinion, relying on not having so many injury issues combined with a new voice in charge to improve our fortunes. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 2:52pm
£300,000.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I agree with you both on that one. If we are being honest though that performance has been coming all season. We have been constantly fighting to secure our own possession & only so many times can you get yourselves out of the mire. 

Compared with some teams - Edinburgh being one our recruitment has been pretty low key; we are correctly in my opinion, relying on not having so many injury issues combined with a new voice in charge to improve our fortunes. 
What people have got to realise is no recruitment is better than bad recruitment. There’s money available to strengthen the squad further but they aren’t going to sign a player for the sake of it. I’m sure there’ll be good news over the coming months. Patience is key.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 7:08am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

What people have got to realise is no recruitment is better than bad recruitment. There’s money available to strengthen the squad further but they aren’t going to sign a player for the sake of it. I’m sure there’ll be good news over the coming months. Patience is key.

Fair point. I have every confidence that our off field management have a total grasp on the situation. The failings of last season regarding coaching will not go unnoticed. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 8:30am
The playing budgets for next season are around the following levels:

Dragons £4.8m, Blues £5.9m, Ospreys £6.4m, Scarlets £7.7m.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 10:23am
With all the speculation around where, if anywhere, Alun Wyn Jones will be playing after the RWC I do wonder that whether the Ospreys will ask for more money from the WRU to help with his contract.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2019 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

With all the speculation around where, if anywhere, Alun Wyn Jones will be playing after the RWC I do wonder that whether the Ospreys will ask for more money from the WRU to help with his contract.

Apparently that is the basis being discussed. The Ospreys cannot afford £450K per annum for 10 games - who could? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic