Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2021 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Have a pip on youtube piers morgan matt hancock 23/02/2021 ,that man beggars belief.

I thought both of them beggar belief to be honest.  How do people develop such big egos?
say what you like about morgan he tries to hold them to account,the fact that he would not apologise even though he was found to have broken the law says a lot about the way this country is heading,and the fact that he exchanged messages with his pub landlord who then got a £30 million pound contract for a product he had no experience in is a complete piss take.
A product which is now being investigated by the MHRA to make matters even worse.
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2021 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

How many is that Will? 

Also dont you think they should have gone for a few extra groups and variables in addition to simply age and healthcare workers? Certain jobs are way more at risk that others and they cant work from home, teachers, front line police, cabbies etc They meet 100s of people on a weekly basis up close and personal.... All thats on the list is care workers , healthcare workers and social workers. 

However much I agree with the sentiment (and I do) the facts presented do not show those sectors as being in highest risk.

The idea is those most at risk of losing their lives first, followed by those at highest risk of hospitalization ….As Van Tam just said-the primary driver is age, then age, then age.

Lot of conflicting opinions on this, but the govt have just flipped on this and now prioritising learning disabled people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56181154

It comes after an analysis found that people registered with their GP as having a learning disability, who tend to be those at the more severe end, are more at risk of being seriously ill and dying from Covid.

But Prof Anthony Harnden, deputy chairman of the JCVI, said people with mild learning disabilities were at no greater risk than someone else of their age, and would not be prioritised.

However, Nicola Sturgeon announced that Scotland would prioritise all people with learning disabilities in group six on Monday. She said priority group six would be expanded to include those with mild or moderate learning disabilities.

A report from Public Health England in November found that people with a learning disability were up to six times more likely to die from Covid-19 and, in the 18-34 age group, their risk was 30 times higher.

At the time, the charity Mencap said the government had failed to protect a group already experiencing health inequalities

Not sure about other disabilities, down syndrome, MS, Cerebral palsy ,spina bifida, not to forget blind and deaf people again it must be a lot more difficult to stay safe for those people too.

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 7:48am
Justice secretary Robert Buckland made to squirm on BBC Breakfast over no punishments or anything for Hancock's acting unlawfully. Question was "so is the message it's OK to break the laws when you want to?" had him flapping and this was to such a mild questioner as well. It's very obvious they don't adhere to their own rules and we've seen it time and time again now. 

I thought Buckland had a bit of a familiar accent as well, Llanelli originally.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 7:54am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Justice secretary Robert Buckland made to squirm on BBC Breakfast over no punishments or anything for Hancock's acting unlawfully. Question was "so is the message it's OK to break the laws when you want to?" had him flapping and this was to such a mild questioner as well. It's very obvious they don't adhere to their own rules and we've seen it time and time again now. 

I thought Buckland had a bit of a familiar accent as well, Llanelli originally.

Buckland is usually a very polished operator - just goes to show that there are some things which you just can't justify. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 9:14am
The reaction to the unlawful contracts has been nowhere near as explosive as it should be. This is billions of pounds of life saving contracts being dished out unlawfully. Heads should roll
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 9:33am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

The reaction to the unlawful contracts has been nowhere near as explosive as it should be. This is billions of pounds of life saving contracts being dished out unlawfully. Heads should roll

I know I've said before but it's really strange and deeply frustrating. I just don't understand how nothing happened off it. Old boring point I know but it really shows how if something doesn't make the front pages, particularly of key sources like the Sun and Mail, then it will just quietly fade away. We're talking a minister found to have acted unlawfully in spending large amounts of public money by a judge and then.... nothing. I think there'd be protests in other countries over it and indeed the cronyism and corruption in Government in general, successful vaccine roll out or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243
  Share Topic