Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 305>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2021 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Have a pip on youtube piers morgan matt hancock 23/02/2021 ,that man beggars belief.

I thought both of them beggar belief to be honest.  How do people develop such big egos?
say what you like about morgan he tries to hold them to account,the fact that he would not apologise even though he was found to have broken the law says a lot about the way this country is heading,and the fact that he exchanged messages with his pub landlord who then got a £30 million pound contract for a product he had no experience in is a complete piss take.
A product which is now being investigated by the MHRA to make matters even worse.
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2021 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

How many is that Will? 

Also dont you think they should have gone for a few extra groups and variables in addition to simply age and healthcare workers? Certain jobs are way more at risk that others and they cant work from home, teachers, front line police, cabbies etc They meet 100s of people on a weekly basis up close and personal.... All thats on the list is care workers , healthcare workers and social workers. 

However much I agree with the sentiment (and I do) the facts presented do not show those sectors as being in highest risk.

The idea is those most at risk of losing their lives first, followed by those at highest risk of hospitalization ….As Van Tam just said-the primary driver is age, then age, then age.

Lot of conflicting opinions on this, but the govt have just flipped on this and now prioritising learning disabled people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56181154

It comes after an analysis found that people registered with their GP as having a learning disability, who tend to be those at the more severe end, are more at risk of being seriously ill and dying from Covid.

But Prof Anthony Harnden, deputy chairman of the JCVI, said people with mild learning disabilities were at no greater risk than someone else of their age, and would not be prioritised.

However, Nicola Sturgeon announced that Scotland would prioritise all people with learning disabilities in group six on Monday. She said priority group six would be expanded to include those with mild or moderate learning disabilities.

A report from Public Health England in November found that people with a learning disability were up to six times more likely to die from Covid-19 and, in the 18-34 age group, their risk was 30 times higher.

At the time, the charity Mencap said the government had failed to protect a group already experiencing health inequalities

Not sure about other disabilities, down syndrome, MS, Cerebral palsy ,spina bifida, not to forget blind and deaf people again it must be a lot more difficult to stay safe for those people too.

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 7:48am
Justice secretary Robert Buckland made to squirm on BBC Breakfast over no punishments or anything for Hancock's acting unlawfully. Question was "so is the message it's OK to break the laws when you want to?" had him flapping and this was to such a mild questioner as well. It's very obvious they don't adhere to their own rules and we've seen it time and time again now. 

I thought Buckland had a bit of a familiar accent as well, Llanelli originally.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 7:54am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Justice secretary Robert Buckland made to squirm on BBC Breakfast over no punishments or anything for Hancock's acting unlawfully. Question was "so is the message it's OK to break the laws when you want to?" had him flapping and this was to such a mild questioner as well. It's very obvious they don't adhere to their own rules and we've seen it time and time again now. 

I thought Buckland had a bit of a familiar accent as well, Llanelli originally.

Buckland is usually a very polished operator - just goes to show that there are some things which you just can't justify. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 9:14am
The reaction to the unlawful contracts has been nowhere near as explosive as it should be. This is billions of pounds of life saving contracts being dished out unlawfully. Heads should roll
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2021 at 9:33am

The reaction to the unlawful contracts has been nowhere near as explosive as it should be. This is billions of pounds of life saving contracts being dished out unlawfully. Heads should roll

I know I've said before but it's really strange and deeply frustrating. I just don't understand how nothing happened off it. Old boring point I know but it really shows how if something doesn't make the front pages, particularly of key sources like the Sun and Mail, then it will just quietly fade away. We're talking a minister found to have acted unlawfully in spending large amounts of public money by a judge and then.... nothing. I think there'd be protests in other countries over it and indeed the cronyism and corruption in Government in general, successful vaccine roll out or not.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 9:24am
I read Israel reckons the Pfizer vaccine is 94% effective, which is incredible if so. And also a Cambridge hospitals studies think there is evidence that a single Pfizer vaccine can reduce asymptomatic infections by 75%:

"The findings build on similarly positive results from Public Health England’s Siren study, which found infections in healthcare workers, some with symptoms and some without, fell by 70% after one dose of the Pfizer vaccine, and by 85% after two. Earlier work found evidence that a single shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine reduced transmission by about 67%."

Looking more and more like severity and transmission - of the current strain - can be decreased substantially by vaccines. 70% in efficacy and transmission offers a lot of hope and the UK's vaccine distribution programme really has been world leading. So yes, I credit a Conservative Government for that at least.

Not that it's over yet but this is already quite an amazing scientific achievement, thinking about worldwide efforts since this first became a big Western problem early 2020. Fund scientific research more (particularly chemistry) I say! No agenda, obviously. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 12:41pm
Everyone else gets the fame and glory, but its these quiet little scientists hidden away in their white coats in their laboratories who have saved millions of lives. Patiently dilligently testing tracking tracing , the level of trial and error involved here must be mind boggling. These things usually take years, decades sometime they never get finished. I was never into the sciences at school but Im really fascinated by the step by step process involved in these vaccines and I hope these quiet people finally get the praise credit attention they deserve. Theyre the real rock stars 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 1:16pm

Everyone else gets the fame and glory, but its these quiet little scientists hidden away in their white coats in their laboratories who have saved millions of lives. Patiently dilligently testing tracking tracing , the level of trial and error involved here must be mind boggling. These things usually take years, decades sometime they never get finished. I was never into the sciences at school but Im really fascinated by the step by step process involved in these vaccines and I hope these quiet people finally get the praise credit attention they deserve. Theyre the real rock stars 

Rock stars indeed Roy. Britain is right up there at the top table of scientific achievement and our places of learning are rightly looked upon as top class. Our very own forum scientific adviser is testimony to all that is good in our scientific community. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2021 at 5:46pm
In the last 8 days, the daily deaths per day have fallen from 520 to 324 (approx 38%)and the daily cases from 11,600 to 8721 (approx 25%). These are still big numbers, but the drop is significant. New hospitalised covid patients have fallen 22% in the last week, from daily total of 1552 to 1209. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 11:00am
It's been good to see the basket of key daily results keep going in the right direction in the last few days, also good to see that the vaccination impact is now playing out in the cases of hospitalizations and deaths in the higher age categories.

Wales case and infection rates doing as well as anyone, added to the Vaccine roll out, it's a better looking profile.

Western Europe countries are playing the same game we played in November/December....Germany opening hair salons today for example ( cases going up over the last week). I wonder if they still think there's a balance to strike between total lockdown and normalcy.

Everything I've seen to date suggests there isn't.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

It's been good to see the basket of key daily results keep going in the right direction in the last few days, also good to see that the vaccination impact is now playing out in the cases of hospitalizations and deaths in the higher age categories.

Wales case and infection rates doing as well as anyone, added to the Vaccine roll out, it's a better looking profile.

Western Europe countries are playing the same game we played in November/December....Germany opening hair salons today for example ( cases going up over the last week). I wonder if they still think there's a balance to strike between total lockdown and normalcy.

Everything I've seen to date suggests there isn't.

Thats a very risky strategy for Germany in my opinion. Add that to the comparitively low % of vaccination and you have a recipe for another wave. Even with our ever improving figures including admissions along with 20m+ vaccinated I still worry that taking the brakes off pre-Easter is too soon. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Rock stars indeed Roy. Britain is right up there at the top table of scientific achievement and our places of learning are rightly looked upon as top class. Our very own forum scientific adviser is testimony to all that is good in our scientific community. 

A Mötley Crüe after party would have nothing on some of the conferences I've been to.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

A Mötley Crüe after party would have nothing on some of the conferences I've been to.

LOL
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2021 at 11:55am
7 day case rate per 100,000 in Wales down to 57, only 208 new cases, sadly there were 12 deaths, however this figure is much lower than it was. No consolation to those who lost a loved one of course. Sympathies to those.

On a positive note, vaccinations are going well, with over 942k first, and nearly 125k second vaccines administered.

Edited by ap sior - 03 March 2021 at 11:57am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2021 at 7:54pm
worldwide jabs seem to be accelerating rapidly...to around 4.25 million per day. At that rate it would be 1.55 billion jabs worldwide in a year. Though obviously we hope that speeds up more and many countries need them more than others. whilst some countries seem to have no covid at all. I wonder if such countries will bother with mass vaccinations?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 305>
  Share Topic