Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ADRAN GYMRAEG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coleg Penfro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coleg Penfro
    Posted: 13 February 2015 at 1:05pm
Roedd y gem cafodd ei darlledu ar Rygbi Pawb nos Fercher (Coleg Llandrillo v Coleg Penfro) yn un agored ac yn llawn rygbi da. Ymddangosodd nifer o chwarewyr Penfro yn addawol iawn gan gynnwys y prop pen tyn Scott Jenkins, y cefnwr, canolwr a'r mewnwr. Ond gallai ddim cofio gweld enwau un o'r rhain yng ngharfan dan 18 y Scarlets, yn sicr rwyn credu na fyddwn yn anghofio gweld Scott petasai wedi chwarae yn erbyn tim dan 18 y Gleision oherwydd roedd ein rheng flaen ni yn dawel iawn y noson honno. Oes unrhyw rheswm am hyn?
Sponsored Links

Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 7:21pm
No Scott Jenkins didn't play against the Blues! No disrespect to Pembs and Llandrillo but they are both paddling around at the bottom of the trophy competition, the second tier college comp. The reality is that CSG would put a min 50 on both teams such is the difference in standard. So, before blindly talking players up, realise that everything is relative! And by the way you clearly didn't notice him struggling at scrum time then?
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 9:12pm
Not on the S4C highlights,- no I didn't see him struggling. But I did see our front row against the Blues and they were pretty mediocre - and that's a fairly sympathetic description.
Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 10:32am
I was at the game and he did struggle at scrum time. Needs to work on technique, which I'm sure he can do as he's young enough. I believe he made the Scarlets u18 squad last season but missed out this season. Conversely the starting tight head this season missed out on selection last season, whilst the tight head who started every game last season has been on the bench for all but one game for some reason! If you can work out selection policy you are a better man than me!

By the way I agree with you about the starting front row against the Blues u18s. I think I've said in another post that the game was lost because of the awful set piece during the first half. 8 lost line outs and 4 scrums penalised is poor. 

As an aside the 2 Scarlets starting props are both in the Wales Under 18 squad for the forthcoming internationals. If that is our future.....it's worrying to say the least!
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic