Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coaches and players leaving

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magicman64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:41pm
Real class player , thanks for your service and good luck for the future 
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I am sure HP will enjoy the cultural and general experience in Japan. He’s a bright guy and will make the most of the opportunity.As mentioned it’s also closer to family in New Zealand. The salary is good as well to set his young family’s future. I wish h well    
Yes indeed, good luck to Hadleigh and all the other leavers.

Big shame we can't see them off properly this year - the end of season farwell in the last game is quite an important part of our season I always think.  Here's a thought - could the club set up some sort of Zoom send off for them? Probably Zoom couldn't accomodate that many fans wishing to participate.
Great idea Rob
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I am sure HP will enjoy the cultural and general experience in Japan. He’s a bright guy and will make the most of the opportunity.As mentioned it’s also closer to family in New Zealand. The salary is good as well to set his young family’s future. I wish h well    
Yes indeed, good luck to Hadleigh and all the other leavers.

Big shame we can't see them off properly this year - the end of season farwell in the last game is quite an important part of our season I always think.  Here's a thought - could the club set up some sort of Zoom send off for them? Probably Zoom couldn't accomodate that many fans wishing to participate.
Great idea Rob
Cheers Steve; I'm sure an IT savvy person could rig something up. We will look back on this season as the year of innovation. Smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:26am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

While it is certainly closer than her to nz,   nz to japan is some 12 hrs flight time.

It's not like he can pop home on a weekend or after playing in the evening or he can drop the grandkids there so he and the wife can have a night out

To put that into perspective You can  get from the UK  to New york quicker than you can get from Tokyo to Auckland

I get the longer contract and more money but the closer to home argument doesn't really cut much ice  tbh it's still miles and miles away

I get what you are saying regarding distance but thats not the whole story when travelling. You can get from London to NY quicker than London to Capetown but when you get to Capetown you haven't crossed so many time zones so somehow feel better. That was my experience when travelling to South Africa in 1997. As I have so much time RR I googled it and Tokyo to Hunterville is 5737 miles and London to Hunterville is 11669 miles!!!!Wink. You are right they won't be dropping the little one with mum/dad for a quick pint or sushi. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:50am
He wont be able to go to NZ for a very long time.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 9:07am
Hadleigh has left for one big contract, better terms, better money and not as many games. Its not to be close to NZ. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:11am
And who can blame him for that, all I can say is thanks for the effort you put in over the past 6 seasons and enjoy your next adventure in Japan. 
You go with my blessing and the blessing of most of the Scarlets fans who appreciate the consistency in performance that you put in during your time with us, not to say your performances for Wales, including the try against Ireland that won us the grand slam.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

And who can blame him for that, all I can say is thanks for the effort you put in over the past 6 seasons and enjoy your next adventure in Japan. 
You go with my blessing and the blessing of most of the Scarlets fans who appreciate the consistency in performance that you put in during your time with us, not to say your performances for Wales, including the try against Ireland that won us the grand slam.

Not forgetting the try saving tackle in the same game!!

Let's be honest, not may of us knew who HP was when he rocked up here. None of us could have even imagined how well he would play for us including very rarely being injured. Fair play to the lad, I wish him & his family nothing but the best!

AB2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:14pm
Emyr Phillips not on the Quins coaching staff for next season, make of that as you wish.

Very surprising if it is that way as he seems to have jumped ahead of Rich Kelly for the role. Unless I'm reading too much into it and Emyr is planning to go elsewhere to gain the experience to coach at this level. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by AB2008 AB2008 wrote:

Emyr Phillips not on the Quins coaching staff for next season, make of that as you wish.

Very surprising if it is that way as he seems to have jumped ahead of Rich Kelly for the role. Unless I'm reading too much into it and Emyr is planning to go elsewhere to gain the experience to coach at this level. 
This has been well documented. Emyr has a job with the Scarlets academy 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
AB2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

The Skills coach with the academy he currently holds is peanuts, his wage from the Quins would be twice that, if not more. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 8:33pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

The Skills coach with the academy he currently holds is peanuts, his wage from the Quins would be twice that, if not more. 
At semi-pro level? Unlikely. Anyway it’s a different job now 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 9:34am
Ok so lets summarise where we are with the now confirmed players leaving :-

Back 3 - Morgan Williams & Tom James. We have signed Liam and both Tom Rogers and Tomi Lewis can step up.

Centres - Lost Fonotia, Hadleigh & Corey - clearly some recruitment to be confirmed here but with Tyler leaving Dragons officially I would be surprised of Tyler wasn't one of the additions. Tyler for Fonotia is good business. Osian will step up for Corey so one more needed - Jonnie Williams has been strongly linked.

Scrum half - I too was sad to see Jonathan Evans leaving as he had a lot going for him. However injuries have taken their toll. Will we recruit or rely on loan deals if the need arises. Dafydd Buckland leaving the Dragons is an interesting development. Well thought of young player.

Loose head - we are well stocked with Wyn, Rob, Phil & Dylan & we have under 20's Mathias coming through.

Tight head - a position of concern for some time. It appears that Werner is staying for at least one more season which is good news - that gives us Samson, Werner & Javan. Who is next off the line - Jefferies how has he developed? Leung continues to impress at Premiership level. Anyone with any info? 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Foxy is in good shape by the way.
Terrific news. Hopefully we will see him fit at the start of new season if indeed the new season goes ahead.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Back 3 - Morgan Williams & Tom James. We have signed Liam and both Tom Rogers and Tomi Lewis can step up.

Centres - Lost Fonotia, Hadleigh & Corey - clearly some recruitment to be confirmed here but with Tyler leaving Dragons officially I would be surprised of Tyler wasn't one of the additions. Tyler for Fonotia is good business. Osian will step up for Corey so one more needed - Jonnie Williams has been strongly linked.

Scrum half - I too was sad to see Jonathan Evans leaving as he had a lot going for him. However injuries have taken their toll. Will we recruit or rely on loan deals if the need arises. Dafydd Buckland leaving the Dragons is an interesting development. Well thought of young player.

Loose head - we are well stocked with Wyn, Rob, Phil & Dylan & we have under 20's Mathias coming through.

Tight head - a position of concern for some time. It appears that Werner is staying for at least one more season which is good news - that gives us Samson, Werner & Javan. Who is next off the line - Jefferies how has he developed? Leung continues to impress at Premiership level. Anyone with any info? 

Is Steff Hughes the first choice 12?  He is a popular smart player, but I am not sure he has the physical presence for the 12 slot at the top level.

Putting tin hat on...
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Is Steff Hughes the first choice 12?  He is a popular smart player, but I am not sure he has the physical presence for the 12 slot at the top level.

Putting tin hat on...
No tin hat required. Steff is a good player. Imo at the businesses end of the season he lacks the top end quality. An important squad player who has the skill set, good thinker and reads the game very well. Unfortunately lacks the physicality and speed at the highest level. Just my opinion. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic