Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Wales Online non-story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2019 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by FIRST AND LAST FIRST AND LAST wrote:

Great story on Cardiff Blues in the WOL this morning their world class brand that should be competing in the European Cup and Top Club in Pro 14. Then at 3 p.m. we hear on the news that they have`nt paid their debt to Cardiff Athletic for the use of the Arms Park ground. Charity begins at home its great thinking your world class and that you should be doing this that and the other its another thing to actually
perform and deal as a world class club
tension is normal when tenants do not pay their landlord rent. Life is funny like that๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

I'd certainly get tense if my tenant didn't pay !!!! However I wouldn't have let it run so long without doing something !
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2019 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Great story on Cardiff Blues in the WOL this morning their world class brand that should be competing in the European Cup and Top Club in Pro 14. Then at 3 p.m. we hear on the news that they have`nt paid their debt to Cardiff Athletic for the use of the Arms Park ground. Charity begins at home its great thinking your world class and that you should be doing this that and the other its another thing to actually
tension is normal when tenants do not pay their landlord rent. Life is funny like that๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

I'd certainly get tense if my tenant didn't pay !!!! However I wouldn't have let it run so long without doing something !
sounds like the blues agreed to pay and the landlords took them at their word.  Bad form by the blues tbh signing new players but not paying the rent
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 2:11pm

sounds like the blues agreed to pay and the landlords took them at their word. ย Bad form by the blues tbh signing new players but not paying the rent

£400k and some odds is hardly loose change either.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 5:14pm
There's a power play at CAP - it's a complex relationship between CBL and CAC, and it needs to be resolved for their mutual benefit, but Thomas & Holland seem to see playing rent arrears games as part of the solution, and I don't really know how Alun Jones (with his legal reputation to uphold) fits in as CEO. It's time Cardiff became masters of their own destiny, but I hear they're the most self-delusional of all the Regions. Wacko

Moving out of the Vale and provoking legal proceedings over rent is an odd way to show you're a world class sporting entity. Ermm
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 5:52pm
So far what's happened at the Blues is they faced a winding up order for unpaid tax, then fell behind with rent to CAC , then released a statement that was all sorted, a few months later moved out of the Vale rumours of unpaid rent, now CAC are asking for the rent arrears of £140 k.
Yet they still went and got Amos and Adams
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

There's a power play at CAP - it's a complex relationship between CBL and CAC, and it needs to be resolved for their mutual benefit, but Thomas & Holland seem to see playing rent arrears games as part of the solution, and I don't really know how Alun Jones (with his legal reputation to uphold) fits in as CEO. It's time Cardiff became masters of their own destiny, but I hear they're the most self-delusional of all the Regions. Wacko

Moving out of the Vale and provoking legal proceedings over rent is an odd way to show you're a world class sporting entity. Ermm
they canโ€™t be masters of anything they are skint. They behind on rent at the vale to ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 7:35pm
time to merge the two Eastern regions they are a joke. Both are a drain on the WRU, premiership clubs and the other regions.
Three regions makes sense we can't afford four in Wales it's obvious.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 7:59pm
PRB are now the decision makers of the pro game in Wales not the WRU.

Scarlets are an integral part of that group.

Whatever is going on (and there seems to be quite a lot behind the scenes) we are wholly involved in the decision making process. 
For what it's worth, I think that is the way to go. 

PRB was never going to be an overnight solution.

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

time to merge the two Eastern regions they are a joke. Both are a drain on the WRU, premiership clubs and the other regions.

The WRU are contractually obliged to provide 4 teams for the PRO14. So if two merge, they'll have to 'set up' a 4th Region.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 10:49pm

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

The WRU are contractually obliged to provide 4 teams for the PRO14. So if two merge, they'll have to 'set up' a 4th Region.
For now.
Not indefinitely. I donโ€™t think that commitment lasts more than another 2 seasons 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic